CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Analyst in Boston, Massachusetts
Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Analyst
Find similar career opportunities
Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Analyst
City: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Position ID: J1218-0089
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
The CGI US Tier 1 Organization is seeking a Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Analyst with 3-5 years of experience developing Continuity of Operations Plans and Disaster Recovery Plans.
The DR/BCP Analyst position supports and assists in the development, implementation and operations of client strategic and tactical DR/BCP services and solutions. Knowledge and experience of using NIST standards is required. Individual role on project is an individual contributor with specific tasks to be completed. Individual may be called upon to provide specialized subject matter expertise and assist less experienced project resources with NIST requirements and DR/BCP plan development methods. Ideally the candidate will be able to provide examples from past experiences to assist with rapid plan development of tasks.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Conduct Plan Development Interviews – the individual will conduct Plan Development interviews with the client management team, System Infrastructure Team, System Operations Team, System Network Team and if appropriate facilities personnel. These interviews are to determine assumptions and recoverability expectations, validate current state, validate current operating process including backup procedures, validate network concerns and perform site surveys for production and recovery site locations.
• Complete Plan Development Templates, Data Collection & Deliver the Plan – the individual will develop and provide a plan checklist, data collection forms and a plan template to the client to facilitate the project activities. Upon completion of the data collection sheets by the client resources, the individual will populate the DR plan templates to allow implementation of the disaster recovery plan.
• Exercise the COOP Plan (BCP) and IT Disaster Recovery Plan and Postmortem Review – the individual will facilitate and actively participate in the exercise of the developed COOP and IT Disaster Recovery Plan. If the exercise is not successful, the individual will work with the client and the CGI US Tier 1 team to recommend required modifications required to prepare for another exercise. The individual would facilitate a postmortem review of the test and distribute a summary.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Ability to write at a "publication" quality level to communicate persuasively to senior management an understanding of the issues surrounding Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity.
• Work with team and client to create plans for accomplishing engagement objectives and strategy that complies with professional standards and addresses the project risks.
• Maintains relationships with client management to manage expectations of service including work products, timing, and value to be delivered.
• Demonstrates a thorough understanding of complex information systems and apply to client situations. Uses extensive knowledge of client's business/industry to identify industry regulation, technological developments and evaluate impact on client's business.
• Demonstrates excellent project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and uses current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and service
• Ability to work with an expedited delivery schedule and ability to motivate/encourage client resources to assist with maintaining a schedule.
• 3-5 years of intensive Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery experience are essential.
• Advanced written and oral communication skills, and consistently demonstrates integrity within a professional environment.
• Experience running training exercises.
• Proven ability to interface with executive management and staff at all levels.
• Experience with Government Agencies is preferred.
• Must be willing to under go any and all CGI/client specific background & security checks.
• Working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio).
• Excellent understanding of computer systems and networks to include but not limited to network operations centers, client/server, LAN, WAN, etc. Computer Operations experience in medium to large Mainframe Data Center with multiple Operating Environments is preferred.
• Understanding of network security, including firewalls and VPNs
• Experience with Cisco ASA firewalls and Checkpoint preferred
• Experience with Fortinet firewalls preferred
• Experience with F5 load balancers preferred
• Must be able to pass all required CGI background checks
• Candidates must be flexible to work overnight and weekend coverage shifts.
- Disaster Rec & ContingencyPlan
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.