CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Data Analyst in Boston, Massachusetts
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Analytics and Emerging Digital Technologies
City: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Position ID: J1219-0222
Employment Type: Student Internship
This position is on a small and nimble Digital Metrics & Analytics team that provides custom digital metrics to our Client’s Digital Business Partners. This industry leading dashboard plays a critical role in helping manage our new Digital business and ensuring success for our firm. The dashboard provides measures for customer sales, migration of transactions from analog (paper, call center) to our digital channels and measures improvements in our customer experience through digital completion rates. The candidate will be responsible for Quality Assurance and testing of the dashboard, utilizing prescribed testing practices and tools. In addition, the successful candidate, working with business and IT leaders will participate in systems design, analysis, solution definition, data provisioning, documentation of enhancements and new capabilities of the dashboard. The dashboard team operates in a fast paced agile environment, is adept at solutioning with minimal documentation available and operates without role boundaries.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Support the Project/Program Manager in development of plans and high level schedule
• Identifies dependencies, milestones, and critical paths
• Able to multi-task and prioritize activities to address complex needs of a large organization
• Adapt quickly to moving targets and changes in requirements
• Provide consultation, recommendations and assistance to stakeholder on data matters.
• Investigate, evaluate and support prioritization of client requests for new or existing solutions
• Plan testing tasks and create test plans and test cases following the methodology defined and using prescribed testing tools
• Conduct Integration Testing and ensure testing is compliant with the approved integration test plan and expected results
• Monitor overall test execution and manage contingency planning for test plan variances
• Responsible for defect reporting and tracking; including collaboration on defect resolutions with developers/partners and identification of retest requirements
• Participate in Code Reviews to ensures code is compliant with recommended practices
• Perform data analysis and monitoring to ensure data quality
Systems/Data Analysis and Design
• Analyze/interpret data requirements and perform current/target/gap/impact analyses
• Ability to use different data analysis and visualization tools like Alteryx, Tableau etc. to provide meaningful insights
• Collaborate with other technology and development staff to provide solution alternatives that ensure key deliverables are achieved
• Prepare documents such as expected benefits, gap analysis, use cases, models, current and propose process, workflows, data flows, implementation plans and end user guides in accordance with standards and methodologies
• Document the technical requirements, design, and testing information to ensure quality output that meets stated and implied business needs
• Identify data anomalies and communicate back to the data stewards.
• Participate in functional and technical troubleshooting and problem solving in collaboration with the technical and business teams
• Interact with various development groups within and outside the dashboard team to understand system dependencies and recommend solution alternatives that ensure key deliverables are achieved
• Follow technical processes, designs, and solutions as recommended
• Identify and manage dependencies and interdependencies between different applications and products
• Assist in driving digital metrics delivery for the Digital Organization
• Familiarity with the use cases, business purposes and quality of the data.
• Ability to combine data from multiple sources when needed for the analysis.
• Timely delivery of analysis, reports and presentations to support business reviews
• Support the creation and execution of the implementation plan for technical deliverables as well as provide production support
• Create the Release Notes and appropriate communications around the implementation
• Support business objectives by monitoring and troubleshooting for anomalies
Risk & Issue Management:
• Identify and support the resolution of risks that could impact ability to deliver results within the stated objectives
• Understand and manage the effect of change (regulatory, market or TIAA-CREF internal) on business processes, IT solutions and tools
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 3-7 years of systems analysis, data analysis, data visualization, agile project management
• Financial Services industry experience desired
• Communicate ideas, analysis and results effectively and efficiently
• Extensive experience proficiency in reporting and querying tools including but not limited to: Tableau , HTML, CSS, Splunk, Toad for MySQL, SQL Developer and Microsoft Office Suite products
• Very strong Tableau proficiency a must, experience with Alteryx a big plus
• Knowledge of various software development methodologies and the corresponding processes, activities, decisions and deliverables (iterative/adaptive; agile/xp/scrum; waterfall, etc.)
• Advanced understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning.
• Experience with data aggregation, data visualization, business intelligence and data analytics a plus. Advanced SQL skills are required.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with proven problem solving skills
• Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly
• Team Player, confidence with humility and personal integrity are an absolute must
• High energy and drive. Laser-focused on delivery with strategic-thinking, collaboration, facilitation, negotiation and motivational skills.
• Ability to lead by example and can inspire others to do the right thing
• Ability to multi-task, manage time and priorities, and meet scheduled deadlines
- Application Development
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.