CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Web Application Developer in Bloomfield, Connecticut
Web Application Developer
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Bloomfield, Connecticut, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the Healthcare Industry, this role is for you.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Develops web applications utilizing a thorough understanding of object oriented programming, available technology, tools and existing designs.
• Provides comprehensive consultation to business unit and IT management and staff at the highest technical level on all phases of application programming.
• Works closely with client and IT management and staff to identify application development solutions, new or modified programs, reuse of existing code through the use of program development software alternatives, or integration of purchased solutions or a combination of the available alternatives.
• Perform project delivery functions in support of IM’s CAC Reporting Program
• Responsible for delivery of medium to high complexity project work
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of IM tools and data sources.
• Participate in all sprint planning, daily standups, and sprint review sessions
• Perform sprint demos to get stakeholder agreement that sprint deliverables meet the requirements
• Provide support for technical specifications
• Engage in operational readiness activities to ensure that project “go-live” is stable and successful
• Perform QA Automation functions to ensure project delivery is successful
• Maintain breadth of knowledge on all product types and business processes.
• Communicate analytical findings/gaps/solutions to management and offer solutions to meet gaps.
• Manage the synthesis of large data-sets into meaningful information used to drive action.
• Determine opportunities and identify technical solutions to increase analytical processing efficiency.
• Communicate statuses, good and bad, to partners to keep them informed and engaged in the project, minimizing surprises
• Demonstrate passion for and dedication to anticipating and meeting the expectations and requirements of customers/business partners.
• Ability to work with different groups to close bridges/gaps, problem solve, and develop solutions
• Strong accountability and desire to deliver a quality product on time, communicate statuses, or offer alternatives to meet customer objectives
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
6+ years’ experience with:
-- Object Oriented Design and Development
-- Agile Engineering Practices
Test Driven Development
-- Demonstrated experience working independently with limited direction
-- Demonstrated experience in software development and development lifecycle methodologies
-- Strong communication and problem solving skills
Object Oriented Design and Development (Python, Java, C#) 3 Advanced
Agile Engineering Practices
Test Driven Development (TDD),Continuous Integration
-- Design Patterns
-- IIS Configuration
-- Data automation, quality testing and validation
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least eight, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of six years’ experience application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.