CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr Java Jenkins DevOps in Bloomfield, Connecticut
Sr Java Jenkins DevOps
Find similar career opportunities
Sr Java Jenkins DevOps
Category: Project Management
City: Bloomfield, Connecticut, United States
Position ID: J1218-1545
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is looking for a Sr. Java/Jenkins DevOps Specialist to join the team in Bloomfield, CT.
As a Senior DevOps Java/Jenkins Specialist, you will be filling a mission-critical role ensuring that our complex systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale. You will use your background as a DevOps engineer to work closely with our development teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues. The ideal candidate is passionate about the DevOps mantra and involves deep knowledge of both the application and the product. They will also believe automation is a key component to operating large-scale systems. May play a lead role or technical consultant role in large or complex projects or initiatives.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work with internal IT customers to assess & fulfill their automation needs (customers come with requests made through automated ticket system)
• Implement CI/CD pipelines / test automation / service virtualization / code scanning (depending on area of expertise) for a variety of applications / technologies
• Develop means of automating / optimization of the above implementation setup
• Work with teammates to collaborate on any implementation issues
• Participate in team discussions of backlog refinement strategies Lead development and infrastructure communities on the Continuous Delivery Journey.
• Learn and adapt emerging technologies to client’s environment.
• Create prototype designs and working demo applications working closely with appropriate teams.
• Leverage a data driven approach to test and learn as changes are introduced or observed in the environment.
• Team player with a positive attitude can collaborate with business partners, peers, and leadership and can manage change.
• Strong focus on how we can improve our customer's experience of our systems
• Java development background with Jenkins
• An understanding of the principles and values underlying lean and agile flow.
• Skilled at communicating to people of all skills and roles in the organization, including very technical engineers and cost-conscious executives
• Experience in automating workflow and process flows using CI/CD tools
• Provide application support, development, and maintenance of a portfolio of automation and productivity applications.
• Ability to define process and implement in tooling to enable efficient IT and business
• Extensive experience with Source Control management and its influence on the SDLC and DevOps Processes.
• DevOps: 3 years
• CI/CD scripting: 3 years
• 3-5 year’s experience in an Agile or DevOps environment
• Java development background
• Experience in Continuous Integration frameworks such as Jenkins uDeploy, SonarQube, etc.
• Experience in configuration management solutions Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.
• Experience in monitoring solutions such as apm, splunk, etc.
• Experience in coding/scripting languages such as Java, Ruby, Python, Shell, etc.
• Experience in SCM tools such as Git, Subversion, etc.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Java 5+ Advanced
Jenkins 5+ Advanced
Agile/DevOps 2+ Advanced
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.