CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. QE Java in Bloomfield, Connecticut
Find similar career opportunities
City: Bloomfield, Connecticut, United States
Position ID: J1218-0614
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is looking for a Java QE to join our dynamic team in Bloomfield, CT.
The resource will work in a team with highly motivated team environment and with all the best practicess and processes followed to execute the project. A competative team environment which helps to build their career with Healthcare domain knowledge and with technical, analytical skills.
Overall 8 + years IT experience with minimum of 4+ years into performing manual and automated testing in an integration environment, familiarity with SOA, leveraging multiple sources using Mainframes, JAVA, IBM BPM and IBM IIB along with IBM DB2 / UDB databases..
The candidate should have a deep understanding of SQL’s, database designs and implementation strategies, leveraging IBM DB2 supporting integration with multiple applications / systems.
Primary Skillset – JAVA, Mainframes, IBM IIB, IBM BPM, Quick Test Professional (QTP), Rally, HP ALM, XML, HTML, ESP scheduling.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities as an integration QE includes:
• Expertise in Manual and Automated Testing using Mercury/HP Quality center (QC), Quick Test Pro (QTP)
• Design and develop applications using JAVA, Fuse/Camel applications
• Expereince in Integration testing and debugging
• Extensive experience in all levels/types of testing
• Experience in creating and executing automated scripts
• Hands on experience on Tracking and Reporting of defects using Defect Tracking Tools such as Rally, HP ALM
• Experience in using continuous integration using tools such as Jenkins & GIT to source control test assets and execute test runs.
• Experience working with Python, ROBOMongo tool is required.
• Ability to communicate and translate business needs into solutions; to communicate orally and in writing; to communicate effectively with developers, DBAs, information security, business analysts, project managers and different business areas; to provide training on new testing techniques and solving problems; and to establish and maintain an efficient delivery environment.
• Experience with Test Driven Development [TDD] and Behavioral Driven Development [BDD]
• Should have Healthcare knowledge
• Lead the activities to support projects testing phases (ex. functional, system, integration, performance, release-level testing) including the defect management process.
• Create and develop Test strategies and Test plans based on business requirements and processes, aligned with defined workflows and use cases
• Lead and perform system integration, black box, and regression testing to ensure that the application delivers functionality as expected per documented requirements.
• Lead user acceptance testing
• Should have good communication skills. Team Oriented and can work independently.
• Responsible for leading the teams from end-to-end testing standpoint.
• Analyze Infrastructure business requirements and functional specifications to prepare and execute test plans
• Support traceability of test cases to upstream requirements and downstream to defects
• Data and Defect management process
• Good interaction with Infrastructure team, Business Analyst and Developers in order to resolve the issues faster
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Experience with Agile Methodology
Must Have Technical Skills:
• Minimum 8+ years of overall experience primarily being quality engineer / analyst performing application testing
• Manual & Automated Testing
• Testing in Integration space for applications supporting –
• Mainframes / IBM DB2
Nice to Have:
• HP ALM / GIT / uDeploy / Rally
• Technical background - IBM BPM & IBM IIB
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.