CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Java PLSQL Tech Lead in Bloomfield, Connecticut
Java PLSQL Tech Lead
Find similar career opportunities
Java PLSQL Tech Lead
City: Bloomfield, Connecticut, United States
Position ID: J0619-2323
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
If you thrive at the intersection of Technology and Creativity – then we want you to join our team! We are seeking a Senior Java Developer to work within our team.
This role is responsible for working with the Agile development teams and act as the principal designer for major systems and their subsystems utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and existing designs. They will provide comprehensive consultation to the IT staff at the highest technical level on all phases of application programming and processes for diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server, software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.).
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Will work closely with IT development and Architecture staff to identify application development solutions, new or modified programs, reuse of existing code through the use of program development software alternatives, or integration of purchased solutions or a combination of the available alternatives.
• Define, implement, and drive the future vision of the quality & automation process and frameworks
• Analyze, communicate and participate in day to day development activities.
• Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective application programming solution
• May code new or modified programs, reuse existing code through the use of program development software alternatives and/or integrates purchased solutions. Documents, tests, implements and provides on-going support for the applications
• Work with the development team to design and implement test and validation strategies
• Contribute to the build and maintenance of a continuous integration (CI) environment and ongoing process improvement activities.
• Evaluate and recommend new tools, technologies, and processes
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
BS or MS in either Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• 6+ years’ experience with Java
• Experience with working with Agile/Scrum teams
• Experience with toolsets & technologies (JBoss EAP, Fabric8, Kafka etc)
• Experience with frameworks such as Spring MVC, Spring Integration, Spring Security, Spring Boot, etc
• Expertise of J2EE 1.8 stack
• Write database PLSQL procedures, functions and queries
• Experience with application development and unit testing software
• Experience with subversion, maven, Jenkins, continuous integration and automated testing.
• Expertize in writing high performance APIs, REST/JSON
• Proficiency with one or more languages: Ruby, Java, C, .NET, Python, etc
• Working experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery desired
• Excellent troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues including the ability to review dump files
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience with automated test techniques with a focus on quality through the development life cycle
• Experience with common test and debugging techniques
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience with Agile development (SCRUM methodology) desired
Good to have
• Good understanding of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
• Experience with static code analysis tools
• Knowledge of or Experience with working with Agile/Scrum teams
• Experience with MS-Specflow
• Certifications in Agile / SAFe
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• BS, Computer Science or related degree, MCSE, or equivalent experience
• Self-motivated and highly professional
• Effective verbal and written communications skills
• Able to meet deadlines working independently and directing others
• Effective interaction with peers, team members and business partners
• Demonstrates application delivery experience as part of a project team
• Prior experience leading team of developers – onshore/offshore
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.