CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Java Developer in Bloomfield, Connecticut
Find similar career opportunities
City: Bloomfield, Connecticut, United States
Position ID: J1218-0617
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for a Java Developer to join our dynamic team in Bloomfield, CT.
The position is an opportunity to lead technical direction of highly visible internal and public facing web projects, support development of team members, and interact directly with the business. This technical leadership position will be supporting a high performing agile delivery team consisting of 8-10 members.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provides expert level IT technical services and technical expertise in systems, technical infrastructure, tools, modeling, external interfaces, and other technical areas.
• Completes complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
• Approves technical solutions proposed by team members. Elevates complex technical issues to IT experts, including architects.
• Recommends development options, including design, build and test. Approves the team's technical deliverables. Conducts testing, including functionality, technical limitations, and security.
• Resolves technical problems discovered by team and internal clients. Responds to and resolves technical issues in a timely manner. Researches issues and performs root cause analysis.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Experience with Agile Methodology
Must Have Technical Skills:
• Minimum 8+ years of overall experience primarily designing and developing Java based applications
• Spring Batch
• Web Services – REST, SOAP
• Web Technologies – HTML, Angular JS, Java Script/Type Script
• IBM DB2, SQL
Nice to Have:
• Rules Engine
• SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
• UDB / ORACLE
• MAVEN / GIT / uDeploy/ Rally
• Test Driven Development (JUnit)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.