CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. DevOps Coach in Bloomfield, Connecticut
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Project Management
City: Bloomfield, Connecticut, United States
Position ID: J1018-2742
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is looking for a DevOps Coach to join the team in Bloomfield, CT.
DevOps Coaches will work closely with Leadership and Application Teams to enable the adoption of DevOps best practices and coding standards. Coaches must possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A successful coach will be able to articulate the challenges of DevOps and offer approaches for teams to remedy these challenges. Makes judgments about priorities and the team's approach to work based on an understanding of how the team contributes to the achievement of broader objectives. Adapts plans to meet service and/or operational challenges. Identifies and resolves technical, operational, risk management, business, and organizational challenges. May play a lead role or technical consultant role in large or complex projects or initiatives.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Go-to expert on DevOps methods and challenges team members to use a disciplined approach for developing operational capabilities
• Coaches organization through change, helping identify and attack organizational impediments which limits team productivity and quality
• Advises on build and deployment processes to ensure best practices
• Educates the team on the best use of DevOps tools
• Helps platform teams drive towards platform automation
• Fosters teamwork and adherence to norms
• Engages in one-on-one coaching as needed, especially with team members who are new to DevOps thinking
• Gauges team DevOps maturity and provides feedback on progress
• Anticipates and identifies issues, and provides recommendations to address roadblocks and areas of opportunity
• Participates in or leads complex problem solving activities to define problems, assess current state root causes, design and test solutions, and implement solutions leading to desired outcomes
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• An understanding of the principles and values underlying lean and agile flow. Prior success applying SAFe/Scrum/Kanban experience is preferred
• Skilled at communicating to people of all skills and roles in the organization, including very technical engineers and cost-conscious executives
• Strong understanding of working from Ops/Customer Service perspective with Value Streams.
• Experience in automating workflow and process flows using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Deploy, Ansible, etc.
• Ability to interpret internal and external business challenges and implement best practices to improve products, processes, or services.
• Ability to lead projects of significant complexity and risk exposure.
• Ability to exercise judgment in solving technical, operational, and organizational challenges.
• Ability to manage a team, including identifying and recruiting talent, managing performance, and making decisions about resource allocation.
• Ability to influence others to adopt a new perspective and handle interpersonal issues with tact and diplomacy.
• Minimum 6 years’ experience working in an agile environment preferably in a development or IT operations role
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in coaching multiple teams
• Experience with DevOps tools across development lifecycle (GitHub, GoCD, Jenkins, AWS, Azure, Docker, Splunk)
• Experience in operational areas such as change & release mgmt., networking, security, and hosting
• Ability to engage relevant stakeholders across functions to mitigate team impediments
• Strong communication skills with ability to process and explain complex technical concepts and align organization on decisions
• Collaborative, efficient and innovative
• Ability to lead instructor training in any DevOps practices, including but not limited to:
o XP Practices
o Test Driven Infrastructure
o ATDD/TDD/BDD essentials
o Continuous Integration/Delivery
o Distributed Security Practices
o Static Analysis (Code Quality)
• BS degree in computer science or similar degree (software engineering, information systems / technology)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.