CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Data Scientist /Engineer in Bloomfield, Connecticut
Data Scientist /Engineer
Find similar career opportunities
Data Scientist /Engineer
City: Bloomfield, Connecticut, United States
Position ID: J1018-3151
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is looking for a Data Scientist/Engineer to join the team in Bloomfield, CT. or Lafayette, LA.
You’ll be a part of the team that supports the organization by embedding deep analytic insights into key decision processes and focusing on the biggest, most complex problems. We are looking for team players with excellent analytic and technical skills and insatiable curiosity about data to support our Data Quality and Data Management efforts in the Big Data space.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Support the development and maintenance of the Enterprise Data Management Framework and data metrics, with a focus on Metadata Management.
• Use modeling, machine learning and programming skills to generate insights by leveraging large amounts of health care data
• Leverage big-data technology to design, prototype, develop and optimize production algorithms
• Partner with key stakeholders to understand their needs and build new automated solutions for data identification, data quality, metadata management, data retention
• Demonstrate how analytical results are connected to a business problem or objective
• Present and provide recommendations to internal teams and stakeholders
• Analyzing/measuring the quality of data ingested into the Data Lake and other authoritative data sources
What you’ll need:
• Strong programming and data manipulation skills
• Proficiency in most areas of mathematical and statistical analyses, machine learning, predictive modeling, and data visualization.
• A strong ability to communicate technical concepts and insights to business partners
• Excellent problem solving skills as well as critical thinking and conceptual thinking abilities
• Collaborate with source systems and downstream data consumers to remediate issues and put in place processes to monitor data quality risks
• Support and contribute to the Cigna Enterprise Data Management team’s overall goals: high quality data, effective data stewardship, robust and reliable metadata, compliance with data governance policy
Deliverables will include reports, detailed and summary analyses, root cause analyses, and improvement proposals.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to design algorithms including data profiling, clustering, anomaly detection, text analytics, and predictive modeling
• Strong skills in statistical analyses with abilities in advanced data management and statistical programming using python, R, Java, and/or other languages
• Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem, Spark
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies
• Understanding of cloud platforms like AWS is preferred
• Advanced degree in computer science, statistics, physics, or related quantitative field preferred.
• 4+ years relevant data science experience
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.