CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Java Developer in Birmingham, Alabama
Senior Java Developer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Java Developer
City: Birmingham, Alabama, US United States
Position ID: J0321-0822
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for a talented Java Developer with a passion for solving problems to join our team in Birmingham, Alabama. At CGI, you'll do more than just sling code, you will solve challenging business and technical problems as a full-time consultant serving local, enterprise clients. You’ll be part of a team of smart, dedicated people like yourself and make an impact with both internal and client stakeholders. Tired of the same old thing? Take your talents to a world class consulting firm that inspires personal and professional growth and values your ideas.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Develop a Retail Banking mobile application backend services architecture using Java/J2EE Spring boot
• Develop the underlying framework to rewrite the enterprises services using the newly developer architecture
• Work with client engineering and DevOps teams to develop the required technical environments to implement the new architecture
• Interview and build an offshore team to work on the rewrite services using new architecture
• Work with an agile team of product owner(s), software engineers, Automation and QA engineers, and DevOps engineers to architect, design, code, test, and operationalize enterprise grade digital banking features accessible via API.
• Create detailed forward-looking technical roadmaps and architectural designs. • Drive the delivery of new and innovative technology solutions for digital banking.
• Partner with product managers to ensure the end product meets customer expectations.
• Mentor and train other developers on coding practices and standards.
• Maintain a process-oriented culture leading the team in developing software products using agile methodologies.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum of Principal-15+, Senior-12+, Midlevel-7+ years of professional enterprise grade software development experience.
• Strong experience building enterprise grade, highly scalable (millions of users) Microservices developed in Java(8 and above), Spring Boot, Spring Cloud deployed preferably using OpenShift/Kubernetes.
• Strong experience in architecture, enterprise integration and design patterns as well as SOLID principles.
• Strong full stack developer with proven track record of getting things done.
• Proven work experience in designing and developing highly scalable and resilient RESTful APIs using Swagger.
• Expert in two or more Integrated Development Environments (IntelliJ, Spring Tools Suite, Eclipse).
• Bachelor or master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
• Professional experience in 3rd party system integrations.
• Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming first principles.
• Professional experience programming in SQL and Microsoft SQL Server skills.
• Professional experience working with version control tools like Git, Mercurial.
• Professional experience working with code repositories like Bitbucket, GitHub.
• Professional experience working with continuous integration build servers like Bamboo, Jenkins, Harness.
• Professional experience with concurrent, multi-threaded, and asynchronous programming, event based micro
• services, and CQRS.
• Experience with MuleSoft or other API integration platforms
• Understand and analyze system and SQL bottleneck, good troubleshoot skills
• Evident interest in keeping up to date with technology landscape and state-of-the-art.
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $75K-$100K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.