CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. .NET Core Developer in Birmingham, Alabama
.NET Core Developer
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
.NET Core Developer
City: Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Position ID: J1020-0577
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
Our CGI office in Birmingham, Alabama is seeking a .NET Core Developer to oversee application development, modification, and maintenance of applications. This position monitors system applications, ensures systems run smoothly, and creates reports and other documentation outlining findings/solutions. The most important thing you will need is a passion for learning new things and solving new problems, because that’s what we do!
Looking for career advancement?
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve. Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you! We are one of the few end-to-end consulting firms with the scale, reach, capabilities and commitment to meet clients’ enterprise digital transformation needs. Our 77,500 consultants and professionals work side-by-side with clients in 10 industries across more than 400 locations worldwide.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our benefits package includes multiple medical, dental, & vision options, both a Shared Purchase Plan (SPP) for CGI stocks and a 401(k) plan, PTO, ,as well as, numerous other life style benefits. CGI also provides unlimited sick leave!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Obtains information on application design and functionality to propose solutions to end users
• Responds to client inquiries concerning software operation and troubleshoots system software and operator complications
• Monitors routine and critical processes and workflows to proactively identify problem trends
• Assists with application implementations and configuration
• Performs root cause analysis and provides technical solutions to production related application errors
• Performs application testing in various environments
• Deploys service releases, patches, requests, and customization
• Work is thoroughly reviewed and checked by a senior associate
• Oversees development and installation of new hardware and software
• Installs and configures systems and other software
• Tests installed software for malfunction detection
• Identifies and resolves business systems issues
• Designs and deploys new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operation systems
• Measures effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• As a consultant, you will also need strong written and verbal communications skills to
work with your team and with our clients.
• A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (i.e.: Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar major with extensive computer-based or technical content)
• 6+ years of web development experience
• .NET Core
• SQL Server
• Web API
• Angular (not AngularJS) or React
- .Net Core
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.