CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. System Administrator - Windows in Belton, Texas
System Administrator - Windows
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
System Administrator - Windows
Category: Database Administration
City: Belton, Texas, United States
Position ID: J0919-1306
Employment Type: Full Time
The Windows System Administrator provides expert level setup, installation and configuration of Cisco UCS systems, SAN Storage, VMware and Windows Server OS. Provides operating system configuration and support in order to provide, stable, sustainable and secure enterprise level servers including backup, recovery, performance tuning, upgrades/patches, maintenance, troubleshooting, permissions and file sharing.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Ability to assist troubleshooting HTML, .NET and Web Service applications.
• Candidate must have excellent written and verbal skills.
• Candidate must have the ability to troubleshoot issues with good engineering rigor. Position requires the ability to be flexible, and operate in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
• Ability to interface well with network administrators and developers.
• Perform system administration for Windows Server 2016 in a large scale enterprise environment or large datacenter environment.
• Expert understanding of DR setup and maintenance using VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) and Dell/EMC RecoveryPoint.
• Experience with hardware setup of Cisco UCS and Dell/EMC VNX preferred.
• Installation, setup and maintenance of monitoring /performance tools such as vCenter Operations Manager, AppDynamics or PRTG.
• Oversees appropriate level software installations and upgrades and related software packages
• Oversees and applies appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity
• Ability to write PowerShell scripts for automation of repetitive tasks
• Must have firm understanding of network concepts including, vlans, ports, protocols, security contexts, etc.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivilant. (Experience may be considered in lieu of degree).
• VMware ESXi 6.x administration
• Cisco UCS systems administration
• EMC VNX Unified Storage administration
• Cisco network equipment (Firewalls, Switches, Routers)
- System Administration
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.