CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. SQL Server DBA in Belton, Texas
SQL Server DBA
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
SQL Server DBA
Category: Database Administration
City: Belton, Texas, United States
Position ID: J0720-0319
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI's team is seeking individuals who are looking to join a dynamic and fast-paced client support and delivery team. If you are a senior application DBA with a keen interest in problem solving, who can learn while executing, operates independently, and is experienced working in SQL Server and Oracle environments please consider applying to join our team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Proven working experience as both an SQL Server and Oracle Database Administrator
• Excellent problem solving skills and communication skills
• Working knowledge of servers and networks
• Good UNIX/LINUX shell scripting
• Good UNIX/LINUX command line knowledge
• Hands-on experience with SQL Server Version 2014 and newer, and Oracle 10g and newer
• Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
• Proficient with query tuning tools, SQL Trace, Profiler, Explain Plan
• Good logical and physical database design skills
• Previous experience with DBA case tools (front-end/back-end) and third party tools
• Familiarity with programming languages API
• Experience with data migration tools
• Diagnose and resolve performance issues and other database-related incidents with applications using SQL Server and Oracle.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Install, patch and upgrade Sql Server software
• Upgrade Oracle and Sql Server instances
• Manage Sql and Oracle databases from design through deployment and ongoing operations
• Work with developers to gather user requirements and specifications for desktop and web applications
• Work with developers to design efficient, flexible database structures to support application requirements. Create appropriate keys and indexes to insure data integrity and performance
• Assist in the creation\modification of views, functions, stored procedure and triggers to implement business rules
• Create users, roles, profiles, permissions
• Institute best practices around database security and access
• Create scripts for implementing database structures and permissions for initial deployment, or for subsequent enhancements
• Monitor database performance and server performance
• Monitor databases for ‘integrity’ issues
• Create “Alerts” to send notifications on database error conditions or threshold breeches
• Create jobs to perform backups, index reorgs and other database maintenance activities
• Monitor backups, index reorgs, file sizes, disk space, memory usage, and take appropriate action when there are issues
• Install and upgrade database “client” software
• Automate tasks to improve reliability and facilitate routine tasks
• Review database and server logs to identify error conditions
• Create database “links” that support the application without providing too much access to the remote server
• Perform Data Migration, including Oracle to SQL Server using Migration Assistant
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.