CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Middleware Technical Consultant in Belton, Texas
Middleware Technical Consultant
Find similar career opportunities
Middleware Technical Consultant
City: Belton, Texas, United States
Position ID: J0319-0491
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
ARM is a software solution for managing assets and resources. ARM is modular or can be implemented as a suite. ARM was developed for the utility industry and is the US Market leader for distribution utilities in Enterprise Asset Management (EAM).
The ARM Technical Consultant will support multiple, concurrent projects in the utilities space, particularly in the ARM realm through varied activities designed to meet client needs.
ARM Middleware Technical consultants may be responsible for creating and maintaining internal and project/client environments, translating the client’s business and functional requirements into specific solutions/designs for software customizations such as interfaces and extensions. The role is often project-based, sometimes working at customer sites. Responsible to act as the SME for more junior team members.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
A successful candidate will have:
• 3+ years of Middleware experience and a strong understanding of the WebSphere and WebLogic product offerings, including background in development tied to enhancing existing systems.
• Hands-on experience working with high availability systems and administering and architecting middleware environments, including deployments, upgrades, configurations, setup, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis.
• Expert level work experience with the latest versions of IBM WebSphere Products, Apache, IBM Http server, JBoss, WebLogic,
• Strong experience with various operating systems like Red Hat Linux and Windows.
• Hands on experience with Shell scripting, wsadmin, Jython/Python
• Experience with Creating JDBC, JMS, MQ, and various other JEE resources
• Strong Java/JEE, XML &web services troubleshooting ability
• Ability to automate admin functions using Jython, Ant & Shell scripts
• Working knowledge of Oracle 12c database. Oracle PL/SQL
• Experience in providing technical consulting on the use & integration of the Middleware system utilities, tools, and applications.
• General debugging skills - Know how to use telnet and other command-line tools to debug network/firewall connectivity. Tools such as curl, SSH and other O/S related commands like netstat, ps, ifconfig, route etc.
• Good and effective written and oral communication.
• Will require to travel up to 80%
3 year's of experience with the following:
Middleware environment administration
Operating systems such as Red Hat Linux and Windows
• Good to have knowledge of Virtual Machines and Cloud computing
- Web Services
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.