CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Mid-Level QA Tester in Belton, Texas
Mid-Level QA Tester
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Mid-Level QA Tester
Category: Testing/Quality Assurance
City: Belton, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J0621-1121
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI Federal is looking for Mid-Level Software QA Tester who can be part of a focused team in a dynamic and changing environment. Projects include software solution development and maintenance for mission critical applications in the federal healthcare space.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Candidate will have at least 5 years of experience with web application and ETL testing. Must be experienced with all aspects and phases of testing including GUI, acceptance testing and unit testing. The ability to write SQL scripts and automation scripts is critical to succeeding in this position. Qualified candidates will have experience participating in all aspects of software development lifecycle and related quality concepts and processes, as well as be comfortable coordinating/leading distributed testing efforts. Must possess sharp analytical and excellent communication skills. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Creating test plan, generate test cases based on the requirements and other documents
• Plan and create test data required for testing
• Review business and functional requirements in order to produce a test strategy and test cases
• Develop automation test scripts using open source tools like Katalon, Selenium or Cucumber.
• Test software releases by executing assigned tests (manual and/ or automated)
• Report well documented defects in the Defect tracking tool and create test logs
• Report test results to the stakeholders
• Analyze and Validate APIs and Confluent Kafka producers/topic/consumers.
• Define, develop, and institutionalize best practices and procedures within a mixed manual and automated testing environment.
• Collaborate with the Deployment/Build team to test and verify nightly build verification (“smoke/acceptance”) test.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
• Clearly identify the essential qualification vs the desired qualifications.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills. Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Experience in reviewing and understanding requirements for large scale high transaction applications.
• Experience with web application testing. Strong knowledge and experience in all the phases of SDLC.
• Demonstrated experience with Databases and SQL.
• Demonstrated experience testing APIs
• Demonstrated experience testing Confluent Kafka/Kafka producers/topics/consumers
• Ability to communicate at both business and technical levels with the stakeholders and developers involved.
• Quick learner with experience working in fact-paced environments
• Ability to work in a team and with multi-tasking skills to handle multiple tasks.
• Strong analytical skills to identify system and business impacts
• Experience using test management, requirements management and defect tracking tools.
• Experience in agile methodology.
• Programming skills in open source automation frameworks like Katalon, Selenium or Cucumber.
• Programming skills in Gherkin, Ruby or any other scripting languages.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience using JIRA for requirements management and defect tracking
• Experience using Confluence as a wiki for collaboration and documentation
• Experience using Slack as a communications channel
• Experience in both waterfall and agile methodology is preferred
• Experience with ETL and Analytical Databases is preferred.
• Experience in using Automation tools like Solaris, Selenium and Cucumber
• Experience with Centers form Medicare and Medicaid Services, and/or health care provider data and online data submission process
• Salesforce, Confluent Kafka, Apache, Linux, Confluence, JIRA, and Slack
Quality Assurance/QA Strategy
Test Case / Script Development
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.