CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Java Developer- REMOTE in Belton, Texas
Java Developer- REMOTE
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Java Developer- REMOTE
City: Belton, Texas, United States
Position ID: J0920-0166
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
The selected candidates will become a member of the Software Development Team and will report to the Team Lead. The selected candidate will be responsible for establishing, enforcing, and following coding standards across all systems, implementation deliverables and ensuring on-time delivery of solutions that meet project expectations.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Understanding of SCRUM and/or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Basic understanding of N-Tier architectures
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools such as Jenkins is a plus
• Understanding of DevOps processes
• Understanding of how to build a development environment
• Some Experience with JIRA and Confluence
• Good oral and written communications skills with experience in delivering/presenting to the customer are a plus.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Must have at least 3-5 years of extensive experience in Object-oriented programming specifically on JAVA/J2EE 8• Must have at least 3-5 years of experience using SQL databases such as MS SQL Server or Oracle
• Understanding of data modeling
• Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle Databases technologies
• Experience using development frameworks such as Spring Core, Spring JDBC, Spring Batch, Spring
• Must be comfortable navigating a Linux environment
List items desired for the Candidate, but not required.
• Experience with RESTful and SOAP APIs and/or Web Services
• Experience with 508 Accessibility
• Experience with Java Server Pages
MS SQL Server
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.