CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Azure Enterprise Architect in Belton, Texas
Azure Enterprise Architect
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Azure Enterprise Architect
City: Belton, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J0821-2774
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is seeking a certified Azure cloud architect to support Global Technology Operations cloud initiatives. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment. The qualified candidate will help drive and grow our cloud business by participating in business development, developing detailed Azure design solutions based on industry best practices/reference architectures, as well as provide thought leadership through both internal and client discussions. Additional responsibilities include supporting the cloud consulting practice and participate in developing CGI’s cloud strategy.
This role can be located at any CGI office in the U.S. however, preferred locations are Belton; TX, Tempe, AZ; Dallas, TX; Birmingham, A; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Houston, TX or Denver, CO
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Azure Architect will apply a deep understanding of and hands-on experience with system architectures, application technologies, data architectures, and infrastructures to support key IT initiatives. The architect will participate in the evolution of CGI’s cloud strategy as part of a cross-functional team that extends globally. This includes participating with the larger cloud team, CGI business partners, and our clients.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to: reviewing business and technical requirements, focusing on solution development throughout the project lifecycle, supporting development and testing activities, evangelizing best practices and proven patterns, and escalating architecture issues and concerns. You'lll manage and promote the use of client IT standards, serve as a subject matter expert to client projects and provide support for project team members. You will create detailed architecture designs, will conduct peer reviews, and will develop target state architectures. We will need you to demonstrate a deep understanding of how to incorporate security, operability, resiliency, cost efficiency, repeatability, and automation in technical designs. This role may also help assess internal CGI tools, capabilities, and processes for cloud adoption.
Knowledge of Networking and Security Group's design concepts in Hybrid Cloud architecture.
Knowledge of Kubernetes and Cloud-Native tooling.
Knowledge of licensing and support models and the conditions under which they are applicable.
Must have good knowledge and understanding of scripting and secure configurations for mainstream operating systems (*nix, Windows, etc.)
Strong knowledge in enterprise logging and monitoring solutions including monitoring privilege user accounts and sensitive configuration files
Design and implementation experience with Microsoft Active Directory, including multi-Forest and domains, DNS, Group Policy Object (GPO) configuration.- Knowledge of database technologies including Oracle, Microsoft SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and NoSQL.- Knowledge
of web server technologies including Apache Tomcat and Microsoft IIS.
Knowledge of Identity and Access Management, Cloud, and PKI/Certificate Services
Message-driven architecture experience/exposure
Expert in various patterns of enterprise architecture and best practices, to include data masking, encryption, logging, etc.
Knowledge of DevOps methods and CI/CD automation practices
Azure Cloud Services experience; infrastructure solution delivery expertise, migration of applications to the cloud, automation through various tools both Microsoft native and third-party.
Real-world experience building Infrastructure as Code on Azure
Experienced with governance, compliance framework on Azure and able to design and implement right controls.
Ability to define cloud readiness criteria, drive appropriate test and validation plan for go-live
Professional level with building standards and design patterns on Azure.
Expert level with different automation and orchestration tools within Azure and Azure Marketplace.
Evaluate design alternatives, and perform cost benefit analysis
Work closely with business stakeholders and pre-sales solution architects to shape solutions that deliver business outcomes
Ability to effectively communicate compelling vision, architecture and complex technical concepts to a broad range of audiences
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Azure certifications desired:
Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect
Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator
Microsoft Certified Azure Developer Associate
Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect
• Highly technical Azure Architect possessing 5+ years of IT platform implementation experience
• Deep experience with, and ability to explain key benefits, trade-offs, and architectures relating to cloud networking and hybrid cloud networking solutions.
• Experienced in designing and developing integrated solutions using the Azure services.
• Deep hands-on experience in implementing Azure solutions in a variety of distributed computing enterprise environments
• Familiarity with a broad range of enterprise infrastructure and containerized workloads
• Understanding the relevant infrastructure, application and operations implications of the designed/developed solution.
• Automated software deployment and configuration management.
• Working knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
• Help educate enterprise customers on Azure, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations.
• Experience in private cloud integration
• Experience in CI/CD frameworks
• Experience in the hands-on delivery of projects
• Ability to manage large, cross-divisional Program activities in a complex environment and drive results
• Ability to operate at strategic and tactical levels
• Experience working in a matrixed team environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Client/Customer Service Delivery Experience
• Experience in applying best practices related to Stakeholder Management
• Experience researching and evaluating available technologies and standards to meet requirements
• Thrives in a highly regulated, fast paced, and changing environment
• Experience with Azure ARM templates and Terraform Automation. Experience in automating a real-world production environment.
• Prior experience working with Perl, Bash, Python, XML, REST API, and JSON desired
• AKS, EKS, GKS, Tanzu, Openshift
• Familiarity with Microsoft 365
• Familiarity with Microsoft’s security offerings: Azure Security Center, Azure Sentinel, Microsoft Endpoint Protection
Desired additional background
• Experience with other public cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Oracle, IBM)
• Certification(s) in networking technologies (e.g. CCNA, CCIE, JNCIP, JNCIE)
• Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN)
• Practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
• Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure.
• IT Specialist experience – technical SME role
• Project Management experience, PMP, CSM, Scaled Agile
Skill Set - Years of Experience - Proficiency Level
Azure Cloud - 5 to 10 - Senior
Solution Design - 8 to 10 - Senior
Consulting - 8 to 10 - Senior
Written Communication - 8 to 10 - Senior
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Skill Set - Years of Experience - Proficiency Level
Presentation skills - 5 to 8 - Moderate
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $120,000-$160,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.