CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Inventory Specialist in Barstow, California
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Barstow, California, US United States
Position ID: J0621-0344
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for a highly motivated, process oriented Inventory Specialist to join the CGI Team in Barstow, CA. The Inventory Specialist will work with Inventory Managers to mark inventory items with pRFID tags and capture specific item attributes to be entered into an innovative inventory control system through a handheld computer.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Affix tags and labels to Military Equipment in accordance with pre-defined standards for placement and readability.
• Capture attributes of military equipment and enter into handheld computer/AIT device
• Conduct preliminary troubleshooting procedures on office automation tools and software.
• Recommend and develop processes and procedures for marking, arranging and storing inventory
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Able to lift over 50 lbs.
• Able to stand/walk in excess of 4 hours at a time
• Able to use standard office automation tools and software proficiently
• Possess a solid knowledge and understanding of USMC inventory management, categorization and storage techniques.
• Demonstrates proficiency in the use of inventory software.
• Exhibits ability to interpret and explain inventory reports.
• Pays close attention to detail.
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
• Exhibits ability to think creatively in order to devise best inventory control practices.
• Possesses a keen eye for organization.
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Works well with a team.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.