Category: Analytics and Emerging Digital Technologies
Main location: United States, Maryland, Baltimore
Position ID: J0923-1671
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - The best version of me
CGI Federal is seeking a Technical Analyst to provide technical and functional support assistance to a large federal client by providing Business Rules Extract (BRE) services to business partners within the organization. Working as a member of the application team, you will maintain and operate the iSAT software and act as a liaison to the business partners to schedule and run static code analysis to support modernization efforts.
You will be expected to leverage your technical & functional to operate, configure, executing jobs and train the business partners on the web application. You will become a subject matter expert representing the BRE iSAT application, managing the backlog of applications for analysis and gathering business requirements for the static code analysis. You will be the primary contact for the BRE iSAT application for business users.
Per customer requirements, candidates must be local (within 2hr drive radius) of Woodlawn, MD
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Working with business partners to import legacy code
• Code Analysis to support modernization efforts
• Running and mainlining the iSAT software service
• Connecting to servers via remote desktop to run code analysis and batch jobs
• Installing updates as vendor publishes new versions such as upgrades, patches, etc.
• Basic troubleshooting of errors and working with software vendor for resolution
• Updating code to Bitbucket, maintaining Jira backlog, and Confluence documentation
• Conducting training on iSAT web application
• Understand the business processes of the client and leaning individual applications
• Understand Basic SQL and databases
• Understanding of Programing including Cobol, Java, etc.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Prior experience with iSAT Software Analysis Tool or Training with iSAT
• Hands-on knowledge of iSAT reports and business rules extraction
• Working knowledge of iSAT Architecture and business alignment process
• Excellent Communication skills with Ability to interface with the customer & vendor.
• Experience maintaining servers and services.
• Ability to create and curate training material for iSAT.
• Ability to present and conduct training sessions with customers.
• Provide weekly status reports
• Document configuration details for software & servers
• Collaborate using Microsoft Teams
• Ability to understand programing concepts (Cobol, Java, or Python, etc.)
• Ability to write basic SQL and connect to DBs
• Ability to install software
• IIS configuration
• Understanding of GIT/STASH repos, git client
• Configuration Management Process
• Windows Server experience, RDP, basics
• Troubleshooting, reading logs, etc.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $74,600 - $130,600.
Agile Business Analysis
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.