CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr SAS Administrator in Baltimore, Maryland
Sr SAS Administrator
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Sr SAS Administrator
Category: Database Administration
City: Baltimore, Maryland, US United States
Position ID: J0721-0445
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
Become part of a team to help a large government agency support research and statistics efforts that help agency officials make recommendations on reforms. CGI Federal is seeking a Sr SAS Administrator to provide day-to-day operation of the SAS platform, and provide project support to researchers and analysts as they begin to use the SAS data analytics capabilities. Ideally, this resource should be an expert on SAS Viya technology.
Due to the nature of the work, this position would require to be onsite (Baltimore, MD) post COVID restrictions.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provide vision and strategy to ensure that the platform is equipped to keep pace with the modern technologies and techniques
• Advise and assist stakeholders in the use of data analytics tools, techniques for SAS modules installed on SAS product platform
• Provide technical guidance and support to migrate the platform to SAS VIYA
• Provide technical guidance and support to client staff currently supporting the reporting environment.
• Develop policy and procedures for the data analytics platform
• Administration duties such as creating users, groups, defining libraries, databases (DB2/Oracle/SQL Server/others), creating security scheme, implement security profiles, configure SAS tools on platform, apply hot-fixes issued by SAS as appropriate, monitor platform for operational status and resources, monitor security access to the platform, etc.
• Serve as the primary End User point of contact for any SAS Analytic Tools support cases, will help to troubleshoot analytic tool issues for our users, especially those interfacing with SAS.
• Develop solutions including complete projects, proof of concepts or code snippets as appropriate.
• Work with users to understand and define project security, data, and operational requirements.
• Interface and coordinate activities as pertaining to SAS between the technical team, users, and management.
• Provide knowledge transfer to others.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Master's degree with 8+ years of experience OR Bachelor's degree with 14+ years
• Hands-on experience with SAS tools deployed on SAS product including eGuide 7.13.
• Hands-on experience with migration and support of SAS VIYA
• Experience using SAS DI studio and ETL workflows
• Experience extracting data on mainframe using JCL and SAS Connect
• Experience with taking business requirements, translating them into technical requirements, and then to convert to Implementable SAS solution.
• Proven experience in developing functional applications and systems of medium to high technical complexity is required
• Expert use of SQL, experience with relational databases including DB2 and MS SQL Server.
• Be a proactive self-starter
• General knowledge of project management
• Excellent communication skills and be effective technical writers.
• Knowledge must include architectural design, web part development, management and troubleshooting with a focus on planning, deploying and supporting implementations at an Enterprise-scale
• Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and able to meet deadlines
SAS Enterprise Guide
SAS Enterprise Miner
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.