CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr .NET Developer in Baltimore, Maryland
Sr .NET Developer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Sr .NET Developer
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Baltimore, Maryland, US United States
Position ID: J0122-0122
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI USA - Finding your fit
CGI Federal is looking for a Senior .NET Developer to support the Social Security Administration in Woodlawn, MD. At CGI, we strive to create an environment where our people come first. We call our employees members to reinforce that all who join our team are considered company owners and are empowered to share in the rewards and challenges that come from building a world-class business. As one of the largest independent information technology and business process services firms in the world, we realize our continued success depends on our ability to attract and retain top-quality professionals—like you.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Developing .NET applications with C# and Visual Studio
• Model View Controller (MVC) development
• Performing code reviews, unit testing, and quality control testing on all products prior to release
• Developing and integrating business intelligence and data visualization techniques and tools into the application to enable users to analyze and make data driven decisions
• Documenting code per project standards, maintaining and archiving program development and requirements changes
• Extracting and transforming data from a variety of data sources
• Business processes and systems documentation
• Creating graphics for use as mockups prior to programming, or graphics for use within the application’s graphical user interface
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 8+ years of relevant experience plus a Master’s degree
• Experience developing .NET applications with C# and Visual Studio
• Software/system development lifecycle
• SQL Database Management System and programming, plus relational database concepts
• Experience with memory management, caching and performance management
• MS Office suite of tools
• Creativity and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Web-based intranet development and content management experience
• Microsoft certification in SQL server, .Net or Business Intelligence is a plus
• Expertise in developing SQL Server databases
• Expertise with Test-Driven development and Behavior-Driven development highly desired
As a Federal Contractor, all members of CGI Federal, regardless of role or work location are required to be fully vaccinated effective January 18th 2022 under the current policy, and be willing to provide proof of status, with the exception of those with approved medical or religious accommodations
Test Case / Script Development
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.