CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr Enterprise Architect in Baltimore, Maryland
Sr Enterprise Architect
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Sr Enterprise Architect
City: Baltimore, Maryland, US United States
Position ID: J0721-0947
Employment Type: Full Time
In this role, you will be responsible for Developing and maintaining business, systems, and information processes to support enterprise mission needs, developing information technology (IT) rules and requirements that describe baseline and target architectures. We are looking for an experienced Enterprise Architect resource with proven experience architecting solutions and integrating the organization’s goals and objectives into the architecture.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Ensure that acquired or developed system(s) and architecture(s) are consistent with organization's architecture guidelines.
• Identify and prioritize critical business functions in collaboration with organizational stakeholders.
• Provide advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
• Provide input to IT documentation such as system life-cycle support plans, concept of operations, operational procedures, and maintenance training materials
• Analyze user needs and requirements to plan architecture.
• Capture and integrate essential system capabilities or business functions
• Develop enterprise architecture or system components required to meet user needs.
• Document and update as necessary all definition and architecture activities.
• Analyze systems to verify that enterprise components can be integrated and aligned.
• Translate proposed capabilities into technical requirements.
• Document how the implementation of a new system or new interface between systems impacts the current and target environments
Ability to apply methods, standards, and approaches for describing, analyzing, and documenting an organization's enterprise information technology (IT) architecture (e.g., Open Group Architecture Framework [TOGAF], Department of Defense Architecture Framework [DoDAF], Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework [FEAF]).
• Ability to apply an organization's goals and objectives to develop and maintain architecture.
•Ability to execute technology integration processes.
• Ability to build architectures and frameworks.
• Ability to identify critical infrastructure systems.
• Skill in applying and incorporating information technologies into proposed solutions.
• Skill in designing the integration of hardware and software solutions.
• Skill in determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, or the environment will affect these outcomes.
• Skill in design modeling and building use cases (e.g., unified modeling language).
• Skill in the use of design methods.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 10+ years of progressive IT experience across a variety of disciplines and 5+ years of experience in an Enterprise Architect role
• Excellent written and verbal communication and the ability to work well with customer leaders and stakeholders
• Knowledge of industry-standard and organizationally accepted analysis principles and methods.
• Knowledge of network access, identity, and access management (e.g., public key infrastructure, Oauth, OpenID, SAML, SPML).
• Knowledge of N-tiered topologies (e.g. including server and client operating systems).
• Knowledge of the enterprise information technology (IT) architectural concepts and patterns (e.g., baseline, validated design, and target architectures.)
Enterprise Quality Management
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.