CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr Data Governance Analyst in Baltimore, Maryland
Sr Data Governance Analyst
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Sr Data Governance Analyst
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Position ID: J1020-1582
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI Federal is seeking a Data Governance Analyst to research, develop the Data Governance Strategy and operationalize the data governance strategy for the Social Security Administration in Woodlawn, MD. We are seeking individuals who have implemented Data Governance Strategy in the federal government.
SSA has taken several steps already to meet the OMB’s directives specific to Federal Data Strategy. This resource will support SSA with the following:
Review what SSA already has in place.
Create a data governance strategy.
Provide data governance best practices.
Recommend steps for operationalizing the strategy.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Establish an enterprise data governance strategy
• Roll out an enterprise wide data governance framework
• Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards
• Document, assess, influence and synthesize business requirements to develop, enable and advance data governance and stewardship capabilities
• Define indicators of performance and quality metrics
• Develop and deploy quality control processes dealing with the data flows in EDW
• Maintain and promote key data governance deliverables/assets, including data policies, data standards and data management roles and decision frameworks.
• Provide leadership and guidance to SSA Management
• Research governance issues identified by stakeholders, and determine the appropriate processes to mitigate
• Suggest tools to support automating the governance processes
• Support SSA in implementing the data governance strategy
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• BS/BA degree and 7+ years of experience
• Senior level experience working in a large-scale data enterprise environment
• Expertise in data governance practices and issues related to management of enterprise information assets
• Strong ability to analyze business requirements, solve problems, and model current and future state business processes and data domains/entities
• Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
• Strong technical proficiency and demonstrated ability with data management technologies such as data quality profiling tools, data catalog, and master data management
• Ability to perform basic project management functions such as project plan development and resource / time estimation of tasks
• Demonstrated consulting skills, including communication, culture change and performance measurement design
- Data Analysis
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.