CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Java Developer in Baltimore, Maryland
Senior Java Developer
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI Federal is looking for a Senior Java Developer to lead and manage technical application development projects and systems analysis projects for medium- to large-scale projects following a well-planned SDLC. The selected person will have extensive experience in developing and maintaining Java based Web Applications, including experience including developing detailed and robust design, coding, testing, and implementing proposed systems.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Working with senior-level customers and staff to provide expert support spanning application design (including systems requirements), development, testing, implementation, and maintenance support.
• Coordinating among project teams to ensure enterprise-wide consistency of application development efforts.
• Providing technical oversight for major projects. This includes ensuring that information security risks are managed, and identifying and addressing barriers and risks to successful implementation.
• Providing recommendations and solutions to complex problems.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Master’s Degree and 3-6 years of relevant work experience.
• Able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust.
• Superb oral and written communications, and knowledge of FedRAMP.
• Experience leading technical application development projects and systems analysis projects.
• Experience in the full life cycle of next generation IT applications, including secure coding practices.
• Able to identify and recommend best practices.
• Experience in creating project Work Breakdown Structures, estimates, resource allocations, and milestones.
• Able to understand customer needs and create systems requirements that allow implementation.
• Able to vet commercial products to meet business requirements.
• Experience with Java EE, Object Relational Mapping (ORM) Frameworks, Java Server Pages (JSP), JQuery, Ajax, Enterprise Java Beans (EJBs), Java Data Base Connectivity (JDBC), and Java Message Service (JMS).
• Experience with Struts, Spring and/or Hibernate Frameworks.
• Experience with RESTful programming.
• Experience with Java Batch applications.
• Experience with XML processing such as XSD, XSL, XSLT, XPath, etc.
• Experience with Web Service Technology and Security, Web Service Definition Language (WSDL), Web Services-Interoperability (WS-I), Message Transmission Optimization Mechanism (MTOM), SOAP with Attachments (SwA).
• Solid Object Oriented Design/Object Oriented Programming (OOD/OOP) foundation.
• Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles.
• Follow Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) best practices for code build and deployments.
• Database experience such as Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, SQL (and JDBC).
Desired qualifications include:
• Prior experience with federal government IT projects, especially Social Security Administration.
• Experience with MS Project and other MS Office Suite tools for developing and delivering briefings.
• Exposure to writing Technical White Papers and systems design documents.
• Experience with version control software such as MKS and GIT.
• Familiar with Rational Unified Process, CMM/CMMI.
• Experience with Angular JS and Node.js.
• Experience with cloud deployments and micro services approach to build applications.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cloud, and Big Data.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Java Enterprise Editions JEE
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.