CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Scrum Master in Baltimore, Maryland
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Project Management
City: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Position ID: J1219-1959
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is seeking a talented Scrum Master to join our team in Baltimore, MD. You will be instrumental in helping the CGI team deliver exceptional quality service to our client. Your attention to detail and positive attitude will be highly valued in this high profile position. If you are great with juggling different tasks and like working with smart, talented people, this is the place for you!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Facilitates Agile and Scrum events and processes for the team such as the Daily Scrums, Sprint Planning, Retros, backlog grooming and estimations or any other team working sessions.
• Champions Agile practices set by Agile coach
• Removes blockers for the team
• Collaborates with Agile Coach and Scrum teams to provide feedback for potential improvements
• Fosters culture of collaboration, open communication, transparency and team work
• Facilitates product teams sprint planning activities and retrospectives to ensure best outcomes for these events
• Facilitates product teams Backlog Grooming Activities to maintain a current backlog
• Collaborates with RTE, Product Owners and PRMs to make sure the team is protected and not over capacity
• Facilitates change request management, for active PIs and Sprints, with RTE and PrMs
• Brings any changes to Sprint Plans and PI Plans to RTE for approval
• Acts as an escalation point for the scrum teams
• Reviews and collaborates creation of Sprint Plans and PI Plans
• Coordinates with RTE and PrM for PI Capacity planning that includes resources
• Timely raises risks, issues, roadblocks, concerns to RTE as needed
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Requires Bachelor's/Master's degree and 8-12+ years experience
• CSM certification (or equivalent)
• Experience in SM tasks including: facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings.
• Experience with enterprise Agile frameworks such as Spotify, SAFe, etc.
• Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices.
• Knowledge of Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
• Ability to take and understand his commitment to deliver the product on time.
• Know about the value of metrics and incremental delivery.
• Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
• Familiar with common development practices, Service oriented environments, and Agile practices.
• Current/prior experience in the federal space, specifically the Social Security Administration.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.