CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Natural Language Processing SME in Baltimore, Maryland
Natural Language Processing SME
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
City:Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Become part of a team to help a large government agency with developing and improving their enterprise Business Intelligence (BI) strategy, data quality and reporting.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Provide technical guidance and expertise to support the build out and successful rollout of a Natural Language Processing (NLP) enterprise application that uses information from the free form text of decisional documents in real time for decision support, policy and quality analysis and support, and management information to improve the quality, consistency, policy compliance, and timeliness of decisions made in business processes.
The qualified resource will perform the following activities:
• Support development of the full NLP application
• Provide technical expertise to develop metrics to measure the success of the NLP application
• Complex text association analysis (co-reference resolution) and semantic parsing to determine the ‘persuasiveness’ or ‘weight’ assigned by an Administrative Law Judge to a specific medical source’s opinion within the free text of disability hearing decisions
• Text classification, including via semantic text similarity, of core findings in disability hearing decisions
• Named entity recognition of medical source names, medical concepts, and legal concepts in the free text of disability claim adjudication documents (disability hearing decisions, representative briefs, etc.)
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Clearly identify the essential qualification vs the desired qualifications.
• Masters or Ph.D. in natural language processing (NLP) / computational linguistics OR significant work experience in NLP
• Experience applying various NLP methods to address complex operational challenges, including but not limited to word embeddings, shallow learning models, and deep learning models (recursive neural networks, etc.)
• A working knowledge, if not proficiency in Python
• Significant experience conducting advanced data analysis
• Experience working with large data sets to developing MI reports and performance metrics
• Experience conducting analytical studies
• Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to work independently, conduct research, and present findings
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to write formal reports
• Proficiency with software such as Visio, PowerPoint, Excel
8-13 years of experience
Masters Degree required
List items desired for the Candidate, but not required.
• Knowledge of the SSA disability process
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.