CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. GIS Developer in Baltimore, Maryland
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
City: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Position ID: J0320-1713
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI Federal is seeking a talented individual that will serve as a GIS developer responsible for assisting our client in developing and enhancing GIS applications.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Develop new and maintain existing GIS applications using the ESRI Suite of products.
• Develop .NET applications without assistance.
• Analyze, review, and alter existing programs to increase operating efficiency and adapt to new requirements.
• Provide technical and operational expertise and leadership to the SSA GIS development team.
• Recommend, construct, and implement policies, procedures, and guidelines in the development and delivery of GIS solutions to the client.
• Demonstrate extensive knowledge of GIS/ESRI tools, and work without supervision.
• Provide guidance to a cross-functional team, and act in a consulting capacity.
• Develop secure ASP.NET applications.
• Secure data transfer via Web Services.
• Develop applications that interface with Active Directory.
• Integrate Google Maps in Web applications.
• Conduct the formulation of solutions to customer problems based on prior experience and hands-on understanding of how the ESRI product suite interrelates and supports SSA goals.
• Document applications.
• Develop GIS standards, best practices and governance documents.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• ESRI Certifications desired.
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field, such as geography or cartography.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.