CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. ETL Developer in Baltimore, Maryland
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
City: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Position ID: J0719-2542
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI Federal is looking for a qualified Extract, Transfer, Load (ETL) Developer for one of our Health IT projects. The selected candidate will become a member of the Software Development Team and will report to the Development Lead. The selected candidate will be responsible for designing and building an ETL process to support migration of legacy data to a redesigned modern application. The primary tasks associated with this role will be to design and develop all the required ETL processes and configuration. In addition, performance tuning of the ETL processes will be a critical aspect of the job. S/he will also be working very closely with the Data Architects and the Business Analysts.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Designs and implements industry best ETL technologies to satisfy client requirements.
• Designs and develops optimal code to maintain exceptional performance in processing large volumes of data.
• Translates business requirements into technical specification.
• Designs, develops, and tests ETL solutions and automating data loading processes.
• Establishes ETL environments according to project requirements.
• Design and develop ETL processes to satisfy all program area requirements.
• Develops and implements an efficient migration process to move ETL objects from development to test and production environments.
• Supports the project team throughout the design, development and testing process.
• Participates in all design reviews and requirement sessions, as required.
• Supports project documentation, as required.
• Understands database design, programming concepts, data modeling, and framework management.
• Communicates ideas to both technical and non-technical people in all levels of the organization.
• Develops advanced and complex Informatica ETL processes.
• Works with Business Analysts, Data Architects, Enterprise Architects, and ETL Architects to ensure business requirements are being met with the solution being developed.
• Identify and reuse of ETL components and services to avoid duplicative implementations.
• Mentor other team members in developing, documenting and modifying ETL components.
• Support and administer the Informatica environments.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Full understanding of Informatica 9 or above is required especially dealing with very large volumes of data, real time or micro batches.
• Experience with large scale, complex data migration efforts.
• Full comprehension of SQL, cardinality, levels of granularity, normalized vs de-normalized, database and Informatica optimization techniques and other such data architecture best practices is required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
• Excellent Analytical skills required.
• Flexibility/Adaptability is required, especially when working in a large team.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.