CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. DevOps Developer in Baltimore, Maryland
Find similar career opportunities
City: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Position ID: J0619-0728
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
We are looking for a self-motivated DevOps Engineer with solid experience. We are looking for someone to help modernize and innovate our software development practices and processes and improving our AWS cloud infrastructure, product value streams so we continue to deploy and release quickly for our clients. The candidate will be joining an Agile delivery environment with established DevOps pipelines and practices. We are looking for innovative and creative technical people who can join our talented team and help build new capabilities.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Maintain and improve CI/CD and automated testing pipelines
• Participate in defining the overall technology roadmap for the program
• Configure and maintain infrastructure configuration management platforms
• Review and advise development teams on best practices around database and web application design and development
• Help improve the overall software development workflow or value streams
• Coach and mentor other developers in most current practices in this field
• Contribute in teams continuous learning and improvement goals
• Be a good team member, and contribute to overall team success outside of primary role
• Design, build and maintain:
• Jenkins based automated build and deployment tools
• Terraform scripting
• AWS automation, networking, security, management, and monitoring.
• Develops multiple projects and tasks, providing engineering and production support, organized through the Kanban Agile process, participate in daily standup and drives solutions for production issues across the organization.
• Proactively identifies problems with requirements (lack of clarity, inconsistencies, technical limitations) for their own work and adjacent work and communicates these issues early to help course-correct.
• Comply and follow system architecture processes and other requirements within documentation tool.
• Create, review, and respond to service tickets in ticketing system and system alerts in internal and external alerting and metrics systems.
• Be part of an on-call rotation for after-hours monitoring, maintenance, and escalations.
• Picks up new technologies and patterns quickly and contributes a leading role to new designs and solutions.
• Reviews solutions and work products for completeness, architectural integrity, security, extensibility and maintainability.
• Ability to investigate new technologies and make recommendations based on cost, efficiency, and matching best in class technologies that meet customer needs
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or equivalent experience
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Bash
• Experience with UNIX/Linux systems administration
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD) and supporting automated testing
• Experience with monitoring and logging solutions such as Cloudwatch, Splunk.
• Experience with Git as a version control system
• Experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform
• Experience with configuration management tooling such as Ansible
• Experience designing, developing, deploying, testing in the AWS ecosystem or similar cloud provider
• A team player capable of high performance and flexibility in a dynamic working environment
List items desired for the Candidate, but not required.
• Previous experience working as a software developer
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect or Developer
• Experience mentoring junior developers in DevOps practices
• Data Management - RDS, Aurora, MySQL
• Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Travis, Bamboo)
• Containers and container orchestration platforms such as Docker
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.