CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Automation Tester (Surge Need) in Baltimore, Maryland
Automation Tester (Surge Need)
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Automation Tester (Surge Need)
Category: Testing/Quality Assurance
City: Baltimore, Maryland, US United States
Position ID: J0621-1309
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI Federal is looking for an Automation Tester to join our team in Baltimore, MD. You will be instrumental in helping the CGI team deliver exceptional quality service to our client. You will be responsible for setting up an automated testing framework in a .Net/MS SQL Server environment, developing test scripts, reviewing business and system requirements, writing test cases, developing test data and performing test execution.
This position is anticipated to begin in Sept/Oct, 2021 depending on funding.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Review and analyze business requirements, system requirements and technical specifications.
• Develop test scenarios, document test cases, create test data/files, maintain requirements traceability matrix, compile test summary documentation and provide work estimation for test preparation and execution.
• Maintain and oversee independent execution of testing activities against test plans and test schedules
• Conduct and participate in SDLC Peer Reviews.
• Conduct detailed analysis of test results.
• Effectively communicate with management and lead on testing status and critical testing issues.
• Participate in problem tracking management to bring defects to resolution.
• Ensure products, applications, documents and systems are in compliance with established quality standards.
• Lead the test automation efforts.
• Perform Section 508 Compliance testing.
• Ensure proper test coverage.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• BS/BA degree and 5+ years of related IT experience
• Minimum 3 years of system testing experience
• Experience with Selenium and Cucumber highly preferred
• Knowledge of various software testing methods (i.e. Black Box, White Box, etc.)
• Experience with .Net/MS SQL Server environment
• SQL knowledge
• Ability to work independently and as a cooperative member of an agile team.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, recommends improvement to support quality and monitors independent work to ensure quality and consistency.
• Ability to be flexible to changing demands and priorities.
• Ability to clearly and thoroughly document application errors for developer comprehension.
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Current/prior experience in the federal space, specifically the Social Security Administration.
Test Case / Script Development
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.