CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Training Specialist in Austin, Texas
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City:Austin, Texas, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Working as a Training Specialist, you will develop curricula and materials as well as conduct nontechnical skills training courses delivered to client staff.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Training Specialist uses needs assessment tools to determine training programs and materials as well as interacts with functional organizations to develop specifications for content and delivery of courses in support of complex system implementations. He/she will prepare lesson plans including the method, media, and documentation to be presented while instructing participants in classroom lectures and/or group sessions.
The Training Instructor will:
• Work collaboratively with technology and subject matter experts to develop training materials that deliver performance based training
• Develop courses including writing learning objectives, course design document and outline, full course material development (writing, graphics, layout, etc.) including: PPT presentations, exercises, Step Action documents, Job Aids, web-based training, and instructor guides
• Prior to in-class training, ensure in-class training environments are properly equipped and technology is functioning
• Work as a member of the training team to consult on most appropriate methods to engage and prepare client’s adaptation of technology and new work processes
• Work collaboratively with subject matter experts to assist in completing a training needs analysis including learning objectives for each course
• Be able to proficiently serve multiple roles – Assess Training Needs, Perform Stakeholder Analysis; contribute to development of Training Plan, Develop instructor-led and e-Learning course materials; Deliver in-class Training; Publish courses to Learning Management System; Gather metrics on training registration, class attendance, and test scoring and formulate into reports
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Required Skills and Education
• eLearning software (i.e., SoftChalk, Articulate, or Captivate)
• Demonstrated expertise in adult learning theory and methodology
• Five plus years of consulting experience working with external clients
• Strong consulting/customer relationship skills with ability to assist client partners in executing vital project tasks
• Flexibility and contribution as a strong team player
• Expertise with creating, managing, and evaluating learning events
• Possess strong organizational, evaluation, assessment, and decision making skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Professional approach interfacing and network with others
• Expert in basic information technologies (Outlook, IM, etc.)
• MS Office Suite expert (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
• SharePoint experience
• Strong knowledge, expertise, and experience in organization development, assessment and evaluation, capability building
• Large-scale whole systems change project management experience and expertise across geographic regions
• Five or more years’ experience serving as a leader, guide/facilitator and coach in various learning environments for adults
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
- Training Delivery
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.