CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior .NET Developer in Austin, Texas
Senior .NET Developer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Senior .NET Developer
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Austin, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J0821-2976
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is seeking a brilliant, creative, fun, and passionate Sr. .NET Developer, who is naturally curious. Our consultants and technologists apply their expertise and problem-solving skills to implement cutting-edge and industry best solutions for our clients. Our developers work with cross-functional teams, are passionate about data accuracy and reliability and are always looking for new and more efficient ways to extract, process and transform data. As part of our Dallas Metro, you will collaborate with the team while individually contributing to project deliverables that meet our clients' needs.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• This role serves as the technical lead for the development team to design and build the Web API backend layer.
• Responsible for facilitating code reviews
• Design sessions with the team
• Requirements and design validation with the client IT stakeholders
• Hands-on assistance for code development.
• Support the team through design approach to development
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience with C#, .NET, T-SQL, SSIS, SSMS, TypeScript, GIT, and Entity Framework.
• At least 4 years of hands on experience in .NET/C#
• At least 4 years of hands on experience in SQL Server
• At least 2 years of hands on experience in Web Services
• Effective communication in both written and spoken English
• Ability to mentor and coach junior developers and subcontractors
• Experience in engaging with internal end customers to clarify requirements and perform 'show and tells'
• Experienced in using Rally and Azure DevOps in an Agile Environment
• Proven ability to estimate accurately and meet delivery deadlines
• Ability to break down features into sub tasks and manage time to deliver the feature
• Experience with any or all of these is an advantage: Azure DevOps, Swagger, Fluent API, Angular, Azure Data Studio, GitHub Desktop, GIT, BASH, or SVN
• Ability to be self-directed and manage end-to-end SDLC process
• Ability to mentor and coach junior developer resources
• 1 year or more of experience with CI/CD
• 1 year or more of experience with Azure DevOps
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.