Senior Data Scientist
Senior Data Scientist
Category: Analytics and Emerging Digital Technologies
Main location: United States, Texas, Austin
Position ID: J1023-1551
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is seeking a Sr. Data Scientist to join our Emerging Technology Practice. We focus on solving real-world challenges for our clients and as part of our AI & ML team, you'll be pivotal in translating complex data into actionable insights that drive strategic decisions. Our cross-functional teams work closely with our clients to understand their business needs and implement cutting-edge solutions. We look for Data Scientists who are passionate about building and deploying machine learning models, have experience with the full stack end-to-end AI lifecycle, and are great communicators.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Engage in meetings with client stakeholders to drive out requirements
• Analyze business problems and create impactful advanced analytic or machine learning solutions
• Use data manipulation tools to source, transform, and blend data from multiple different data sources
• Operationalize machine learning models for adoption across the enterprise
• Write clear, concise, well-documented code and perform code review for peers
• Translate business objectives into quantitative metrics to achieve business goals and drive KPIs
• Ability to lead Jr. data scientists and analysts serving as a mentor
• Prepare and present solutions to executive audiences
• Potential regional travel to client sites
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Ability to explain machine learning techniques and algorithms such as K-NN, Naïve Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
• Use of statistical models including experience with regression, classification, clustering, NLP, and computer vision
• Practice with feature extraction and dimensionality reduction
• Exposure to visualization tools to present your findings and insights including PowerBI, Tableau, Dash, ggplot, R Shiny, matplotlib, D3,js, etc.
• Familiarity with Large Language Models & Generative AI
• Python, R, and SQL
• Custom code to create, train, and deploy machine learning models or advanced analytics
• Version/source control
• Data warehouses and file stores such as Snowflake, RedShift, Teradata, BigQuery, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, Azure Synapse, Databricks Lakehouse, etc.
• Ability to ingest, blend, and transform data for modeling inputs including exposure to data storage, ETL, and manipulation tools
• Unstructured data transformation, such as text documents or images
• Utilization of embedding models and Vector DBs to transform and store natural language data
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to communicate about handling multiple priorities and deadlines
• Data Narration and storytelling with demonstrated ability to present to executive audience
• Participation in Go-To-Market initiatives to help CGI gain new clients and projects
BS or MS in Computer Science, Computational Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Data Science, Statistics or equivalent
• Scaling production-facing applications in large enterprise environments
• Exposure to creating MVP web application with Dash or Streamlit
• Deep learning models – neural networks, auto-encoders, GPTs, etc.
• Past experience in leading teams or mentoring junior resources
• Previous consulting experience
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The
determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and
certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are
dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $84,000 - $209,200.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Google Cloud Platform
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.