CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Public Sector Business Analyst in Austin, Texas
Public Sector Business Analyst
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Public Sector Business Analyst
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Austin, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J1021-0856
Employment Type: Full Time
Serves as an analyst for Public Sector projects with primary project responsibilities such as documenting business requirements/user stories/acceptance criteria, creating process maps, creating solution documentation, developing and executing test strategies, developing and delivering training for business users, etc.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
You will help our clients by identifying, specifying and analyzing requirements and processes, managing progress throughout the design, test and implementation process. Your ability to create innovative solutions will contribute to the success of our projects and the satisfaction of our clients.
• Establish professional presence in all environments
• Seek feedback and desire growth by driving one’s own personal development including setting and achieving development goals
• Understand solutions based on the requirements of the project and can speak credibly and accurately to the technologies and overall architecture that can meet those requirements
• Accurately scope and plan his or her part of the work
• Produce high quality deliverables on time
• Analyze data, compile research and offer possible solutions
• Escalate issues, risks and scope discrepancies to Project Manager
• Provide timely and succinct status updates to Project Manager
• Build strong trusting relationships with the client stakeholders and/or client project team
• Assess his or her skills and capabilities and participate in his or her evaluation process
• Be a role model for other Functional/Business Analysts
• Adapt and remain positive in challenging environments
• Embrace new processes and client environments
• Manage through the changing landscape of a project’s ups and downs
• Conduct facilitated working sessions with small groups of users
• Share knowledge and teach other analysts
• Identify and foster opportunities for continued engagements with clients
• Display ideal behaviors and is role model for entire team
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Entrepreneurial attitude with desire to foster and grow the Public Sector group in addition to fulfilling project responsibilities
• Growth minded and focused on personal improvement in addition to delivering for projects
• Minimum of 2 years of consulting experience required
• Minimum of 3 years of work experience required
• Public Sector (State and Local Government) consulting experience is preferred
• Bachelor's degree
• US Citizen or GC Holder
Business and IT Consulting
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.