CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Cloud Data Architect in Austin, Texas
Cloud Data Architect
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Cloud Data Architect
Category: Analytics and Emerging Digital Technologies
City: Austin, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J1121-0116
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is seeking a brilliant, creative, fun, and passionate Cloud Data Architect, who is naturally curious. Our Architects work with cross-functional teams, are passionate about data accuracy and reliability and are always looking for new and more efficient ways to extract, process and transform data, As part of our Emerging Technology Practice, you will collaborate with the team while individually contributing to project deliverables that meet our clients' needs.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Lead teams of 2-10+ technical resources
• Manages facilitated working sessions with technical executives and experts
• Conduct hands-on development, configuration, or system setup for early stage POCs/POVs
• Present technology architecture and solution overviews to executive-level audiences
• Create presentation materials with emphasis on simplifying complex ideas into digestible topics
• Provide leadership across multiple accounts as well as support sales and business development activities
• Apply technical aptitude and design patters across multiple industry verticals and use cases
• Conduct assessments and define enterprise roadmaps for enabling a data-driven Analytics organization
• Participates in hiring resources as well as coaching and mentoring more junior staff
• Drives early stage business development and incremental work
• Effectively deals with a multitude of ambiguity by confidently walking through an undefined situation and drawing out key requirements and political constraints
• Design and implement Cloud Data Warehouses (CDW) and related technologies
• Readiness, provisioning, architecture, security and governance relating to cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google)
• Provide thought leadership around modern analytics tools and platforms for mid-sized companies to Fortune 500s
• Aware of approaches and challenges for an Analytics organization at varying maturities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 2-3 years work experience in a similar role
• Willingness to travel to client location
• US Citizen or GC Holder
• Team player who mentors and upskills junior resources
• Ability to explain technical problems or concepts to non-technical users
• Experience with data integration and streaming tools used for both CDW's and Big Data (Spark, Kafka, Kinesis, etc.)
• Experience with cloud data warehouses such as Snowflake, AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery and Azure Data Warehouse
• Experience with Cloud ETL such as Informatica Cloud, Talend Cloud, Matillion and Azure Data Factory
• Experience in Hadoop and related technologies (Cloudera, Hortonworks, etc.)
• Knowledge of Data Science and related technologies (Python, R, Databricks, etc.)
• Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and Applied Statistics
BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology Management, or equivalent
Ability to effectively lead a team and upskill junior resources
• Ability to provide vision and high-level strategies for clients
• Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
Google Cloud Platform
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.