CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Big Data Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
Big Data Engineer
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Big Data Engineer
Category: Analytics and Emerging Digital Technologies
City: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Position ID: J1019-0927
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for a Big Data Engineer who can join in our emerging technology group in the digital insight practice. The Big Data Engineer will be responsible for designing & developing data ingestion and data transformation framework for modern data lake solutions.
The Big Data Engineer will also be providing statistical trend analysis on large structured and unstructured data sets and analysis of advanced algorithms including artificial intelligence concepts. The candidate will be responsible for adapting and modifying machine-learning algorithms to address user requirements and case studies, establishing new proof of concepts for our clients.
• Data Ingestion using Kafka, CDC or similar technologies.
• Implement and support streaming technologies such as Kafka, K-SQL and Spark.
• Implement and support big data tools and frameworks such as HDFS, Hive, and Hbase or Cassandra.
• ETL Design and Development in the big data platform in Hadoop using technologies such as Scala, Spark, Python, Oozie, and more to support a variety of requirements and applications.
• Warehouse Design and Development – Set the standards for warehouse and schema design in massively parallel processing engines such as Hadoop and Columnar Databases while collaborating with analysts and data scientist in the creation of efficient data models.
• Implement a CICD DevOps strategy
• Implement end to end Data Lake solution in on premise as well as on a cloud environment preferably Azure and AWS.
• Deliver a ML/AI framework to support user Analysts and data scientists to support advance analytics.
• 7+ years of work experience with ETL, and business intelligence big data architectures.
• 5+ years of experience with the Hadoop ecosystem (Map Reduce, Hive, Oozie, Yarn, HBase, etc.) and big data ecosystems (Kafka, Cassandra, etc.).
• 3+ years of hands-on Spark/Scala/Python development experience.
• Experience developing and managing data warehouses on a terabyte or petabyte scale.
• Experience with core competencies in Data Structures, Rest/SOAP APIs, JSON, etc.
• Strong experience in massively parallel processing & columnar databases.
• Expert in writing SQL.
• Deep understanding of advanced data warehousing concepts and track record of applying these concepts on the job.
• Experience with common software engineering tools (e.g., Git, JIRA, Confluence, or similar)
• Ability to manage numerous requests concurrently and strategically, prioritizing when necessary.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Dynamic team player.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.