CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Testing Engineer in Arlington, Virginia
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Testing/Quality Assurance
City: Arlington, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1118-2509
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
The Army Contract Writing System (ACWS) implementation project will provide a web based acquisition contract writing system to US Army commands worldwide and be deployed to some 10,000 users. CGI requires a Test Engineer to perform Developmental Testing activities and support Operations Test and Evaluation Testing by the Army community over the next 3 + years. The Test Engineer will be a part of a team of testers who will be a part of an Agile Scrum development team responsible for ensuring all ACWS requirements are satisfied before the solution is deployed. The solution will be enhanced over several product increments throughout the developmental life cycle.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Test Engineer will be responsible for developing and executing software test cases (e.g. functional, system, integrated, & regression) utilizing both manual and automated test tools. Likewise, the Test Engineer will be responsible for providing all validation and reporting deliverables to the Test Team lead who will provide overall results to the Army. The Test Engineers will work closely with the product team functionals and developers as well as work closely with the Army Testing community to support efforts related to TRR and IOT&E.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Education and Experience -
o B.S. or B.A. degree with 3+ years’ work experience as a software tester.
o 2+ years organizing, planning, and writing and conducting manual testing initiatives.
• Testing Acumen - Working knowledge of white-box testing principles and practices, breadth of understanding in testing methodologies, and experience performing a variety of kinds of manual testing.
• Test Case management - knowledge of test case management tools (e.g. TestFlo) in managing overall testing effort.
• SQL - Working knowledge of SQL
• Scripting - Ability to understand and or develop platform-specific scripting platforms a (SimpliTest or Selenium) a plus.
• Logging - Working experience reading and analyzing log messages, and demonstrable understanding of the purpose and value of logging.
• Analytical Skills - Excellent analytical skills, close attention to detail and advanced skills supported by a strong experience using MS Office applications: Excel, Word and PowerPoint, for presentation, organization and analysis.
• SDLC - Experience working in an Agile SDLC environment, and working knowledge of at least one Agile SDLC tool to manage workload (e.g. JIRA, Rally).
• SCM & Tools - knowledge of at least one test case management and/or execution product, along with an understanding of the workings of an SCM tool (e.g. Bitbucket, Git).
• Communication - Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Culture - Must be able to work in a dynamic, varied, and fast paced environment. Flexibility, tolerance to change, adaptation, pragmatism, and commitment are a necessity.
3+ yrs experience with integration testing, automated test tools, coding, automation and manual testing. Experience with ensuring traceability of test cases to requirements and supporting test reviews.
- Test Case / Script Development
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.