CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Technical Writer - JSP in Arlington, Virginia
Technical Writer - JSP
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Cyber Security Consulting
City:Arlington, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Government Secure Solutions – CGI (GSSC), a wholly owned proxy company of CGI Federal, is seeking a Technical Writer to join our Team in Arlington, Virginia. The Technical Writer will provide support to The Joint Service Provider (JSP) program. The JSP program provides a full range of information technology products, services, solutions and customer support to the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS) and the Joint Staff (JS), the Director of Administration (DA), the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA), the Washington Headquarters Services (WHS) and other various OSD offices to meet mission and business requirements.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Organize and prepare specified publications including compilation and analysis of source material
• Coordinate the editing, composition, production, and delivery in accordance with applicable specifications, standards, and other requirements
• Participate in the establishment of guidelines and standards for text and graphics
• Conduct research on the subject matter including interviewing and observing subject matter experts, researching journals, on-line sources, and other substantive source material to write scientific and technical materials
• Coordinate of ancillary services and interdepartmental activities required for publication, preparation, and delivery
• Oversee the maintenance of cost and schedule status information for each assigned project
• Serves as a focal point for problems and inquiries related to assigned projects
• Coordinate the quality-control activities required to ensure the accuracy and adequacy of each publication, including in-process and final reviews, editing for compliance with all applicable specifications and standards, validation, and change verification
• Produce publications using computerized composition and text-management systems
• Maintain constantly high qualitative and quantitative output standards to ensure that quality publications are produced
• Complete all projects within the established schedules and authorized funding
• Bachelor's degree in a related field desired
• DoD 8570.01-M (DoD 8140) Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II certification required (Security+, SSCP, CCNA-Security, GSEC)
• An active DoD TS/SCI security clearance required
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.