CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Technical Operations Manager in Arlington, Virginia
Technical Operations Manager
Find similar career opportunities
Technical Operations Manager
Category: Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
City: Arlington, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1118-0836
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is seeking a Financial System Technical Operations Manager with a background in supporting the operations of a federal financial system as either a lead or as a technical analyst. This position will support our Department of State (DoS) client managing a large number of non-production environments (Dev, UAT, ProdSim, etc.), along with providing Tier 3 level production support. The role is onsite at the DoS and the technical lead will be in daily communication with government stakeholders to provide status, as well as jointly evaluate and prioritize tasks. The team is made up of technical analysts, who handle daily operational tasks, developers, and DBAs.
CGI supports its Momentum COTS product at the DoS, which is used for both Financial and Acquisitions Management. The Technical Operations team is responsible for configuration and deployment of the software into the non-production environments, developing new enhancements and improvements, resolving user issues and general troubleshooting in all environments, including production. The CGI team also takes on multiple projects to integration Momentum with other applications. The Technical Operations team will also be expanding on automated testing and improving automated deployments this year.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Ensure technical staff has the knowledge, skills and tools to complete their required tasks and maintain high quality work output
• Work with client stakeholders (technical leads, project managers and system owners) to prioritize technical tasks against the team’s bandwidth, keeping the team properly utilized
• Provide detailed insight into technical problems and come up with solutions that go along with in use technology and skill sets of team
• Mentor technical team members to be stronger professionals
• Adjust existing support processes to adapt to changing business requirements or for overall improvement
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Must be willing to be onsite with our federal client in Rosslyn, VA
• Secret clearance is required.
• The successful candidate must possess strong technical problem solving skills and should be able to communicate effectively and comfortably with all levels of CGI and client management.
• Success in this position requires strong technical analysis, project management and systems engineering skills.
• You will be required to come up with solutions to problems that can be a blend of software issues, data issues, system configuration and/or business processes.
• You will need to see issues through until resolution along with new priorities.
• The ideal candidate is has a fundamental understanding of a wide variety of IT concepts (networking/testing/architecture/coding/deployments/etc.), is familiar with Momentum and is comfortable with leading people on a daily basis, and holding them accountable for the work they produce.
- Momentum Financials
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.