CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Systems Administrator in Arlington, Virginia
Senior Systems Administrator
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Systems Administrator
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Arlington, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0721-0915
Employment Type: Full Time
The purpose of the project is to deliver a web based Financial Management system to multiple DOD agencies.
Our high performing team is looking for a motivated System Administrator to join us in Rosslyn, VA. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment bringing advanced business information systems to support the DOD mission. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment and are seeking a candidate who has the ability to think critically, problem-solve, and influence others to achieve desired results for our customer.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for providing architecture leadership for application and B2B integrations.
• Responsible for install and technical configuration, including middleware software and Oracle.
• Understand the business systems, integration points and recommend and implement. performance tuning and scaling that’s most suited for current application footprint and future.
• Cloud infrastructure expert and advisor who builds and ensures alignment with the future state reference architecture.
• Experience with automating deployments and cloning environments.
• Responsible for automating application and component health monitoring.
• Experience with securing environments to include Single Sign On and public key infrastructure configuration.
• Provide expertise in configuration management to oversee configuration management and verify change authorization.
• Provide expert technical knowledge and leadership in the use of Momentum, middleware, micro services architecture and enterprise application environment architecture.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 6+ years (senior) of progressively responsible relevant work experience as a System Administrator in the area of installation, configuration, patching, day-to-day troubleshooting, and maintenance of software solutions.
• CompTIA Security+ certification
• Experience working with Linux/Unix environments.
• Ability to identify STIG discovery and remediation.
• Experience with Linux Red Hat Operating System (O/S).
• Solid understanding and experience with software development lifecycle, change management, configuration management, and system reengineering processes and best practices.
• Experience with databases including: SQL, custom table design, and performance tuning.
• Experience documenting software architectures and designs
• Experience automating scheduled tasks.
• Active Top Secret with SCI access required
Willing to sit for CI poly in the future.
• Experience with tools and technologies for designing, building, and supporting n-tier application servers for new application environments.
• Experience with authentication and authorization protocols to include certificates.
• Experience with automated deployment scripting.
• Experience administering and configuring Application Performance Monitoring (APM) tools in the support of complex system architectures.
As a Federal Contractor, all members of CGI Federal, regardless of role or work location are required to be fully vaccinated, and be willing to provide proof of status. Accommodations for medical and religious beliefs or practices may be provided. Current effective date is December 8th, 2021.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.