CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. PMO Lead in Arlington, Virginia
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Arlington, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0719-1095
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI Federal is currently seeking an experienced Project Management Office (PMO) Lead to join our Army Contract Writing System team. The PMO Lead is responsible for overseeing detailed analysis of Project costs, schedules, health, risks and dependencies, analyzing and evaluating baseline information against variances. The PMO Lead will implement and oversee Earned Value Management (EVM) or equivalent processes to measure project performance and progress. The PMO Lead reports directly to the Program Manager and oversees the identification, prioritization, milestones, and timelines of all assigned projects. This is a full-time opportunity in National Capital Region, Arlington, VA.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Project Management Office Lead will:
• Create Project-level dashboards, views and ad-hoc reports as requested
• Report status, develop project-related documentation and implement lessons learned.
• Participate in project performance review meetings and discussions, and incorporate business development activities
• Develop, document, and execute overall implementation project management and change management processes around evolving business and project needs by utilizing proven methodologies and techniques.
• Drive process improvement, standards development, and new working methods for project management
• Create solutions to enable effective monitoring of projects using an existing project management system.
• Ensure projects are kept up to date and in accordance with best practices and customer deadlines.
• Implement and roll-out resource management capabilities.
• Monitor and control quality deliveries and adherence to set processes.
• Provide impactful data analysis, and insights to business users.
• Implement established policies, system monitors and controls to ensure the successful management and reporting of all program initiatives.
• Employ sound leadership skills to build trust and engage a high performance, results-driven, mission-focused team.
• Continually assess and benchmark PMO processes with project teams and team leads to promote the highest levels of effectiveness and efficiency.
• Ensure appropriate reporting tools are in place to monitor results with a focus on driving continual improvement, efficiency, and effectiveness.
• Develop a culture of execution through focused performance goal setting, coaching, letting neither good nor poor results go unnoticed and actively removing barriers to success.
• Provide opportunities for team members to increase their effectiveness, achieve ambitious performance goals as well as their personal growth objectives to ensure appropriate succession strength.
• Ensure the PMO aligns projects and tasks to support the organization’s strategic goals.
• Provide regular status updates to the project manager and Government client(s), using both verbal and written communications skills, regarding project status, risks, issues, and opportunities.
• Develop Weekly, Monthly, and Ad Hoc Status Reports as required by the contract
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
A Bachelor's and 5-7+ years’ experience in managing business and technical projects within a PMO Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree requirement.
• PMP certification
• Extensive experience facilitating meetings and documenting meeting minutes
• Ability to work in a complex fast paced technical environment
• Ability to work well in a changing environment with changing priorities
• Excellent attention to detail, exceptional time management skills, and proven ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to multi-task, reflect positive attitude, and disciplined work ethic
• Ability to deal with stakeholders with enthusiasm and professionalism
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• In-depth knowledge of the different methodologies and processes for managing projects and of common software development lifecycles, i.e., Waterfall, Agile.
• Federal DOD Program Execution Experience
• Experience with Project Management / EVM / Scheduling tools and best practices
• Subcontract management experience
• Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
• Knowledge and understanding of application life-cycle, from design and development to testing, implementation and production support.
• EVP certification / IMS related experience
• Agile certification
• Experience communicating trends and impacts.
- Project Management
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.