CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Master Scheduler in Arlington, Virginia
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Arlington, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1120-2143
Employment Type: Full Time
Master Scheduler will be responsible for the creation, execution, and monitoring of Integrated Master Schedules according to the SOW and EVM requirements, specialize in implementing best scheduling practices on projects. Excellent project management abilities, strong technical skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Lead integrated project scheduling activities on a complex DoD program
• Lead the development of the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) by working with Program Managers, Control Account Managers, team leads, and technical team leads to determine critical tasks and their interdependencies across the program
• Develop scheduling status reports used at Program Management meetings
• Develop and maintain schedule artifacts and other program documentation related to deliverables to the customer and to the CGI leadership
• Determine the critical path of the assigned portions of program based on schedule progress and established task dependencies
• Support data transfer from Microsoft Project to the team’s Earned Value Management tool and ensure accuracy of data
• Comply with internal procedures and government cost/schedule reporting regulations
• Actively participate in Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs) and monthly program status reviews (PSRs)
• Interact daily with technical leads, the CGI leadership, and client personnel by providing schedule status data
• Identify, develop, and implement processes improving scheduling and coordination efforts
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Bachelors degree plus 10 years of experience or equivalent experience in lieu of education. In addition:
• DoD program scheduling experience
• Demonstrated expert knowledge in determining the Critical Path and performing schedule status updates
• Demonstrated knowledge of scheduling for projects using Earned Value Management
• Experience creating and managing resource loaded schedules, Gantt charts, and dependencies
• Experience in developing the resource loaded IMS utilizing IMP/BOE/PWS
• Ability to establish working relations at all organizational levels and demonstrate ability to diplomatically and effectively deal with Government officials and program office stakeholders
• Self-motivator with ability to work as part of a team or independently with little supervision or direction
• Ability to balance and prioritize many diverse tasks at once
• Experience in Schedule Risk Analysis (Monte Carlo) determining schedule feasibility associating with risks
• Direct recent experience running DCMA 14-point schedule assessments
• Experience in developing and implementing Baseline Change Requests
• Develop and support weekly IMS status updates/processes/weekly schedule status reports including SPI/Critical Paths/2 weeks head ups
• Develop and maintain EVM comparable IMS and support monthly IPMR deliverables
• Demonstrated understanding of project management and the application of project management processes
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proficient with other MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio and SharePoint)
• PMI-SP (Scheduling Professional) certification
• Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
• Experience on large-scale software development projects
• Familiarity with DoD Contracting environment
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.