CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Instructional Designer/Trainer in Arlington, Virginia
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Arlington, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1218-2055
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
This role is responsible for planning, development and implementation of training initiatives required to support a successful deployment for the Army Contract Writing System, ACWS, project.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Design and develop training activities as stated in the ACWS Training Management Plan
• Training materials to include;
o instructor led training courseware
o eLearning courseware
o job aids
o supporting/supplemental materials to include end user and help desk support
• Active contributor to weekly status reporting (internal and client facing); support the preparation and distribution of meeting agendas, minutes, and supporting materials as applicable; status reporting following the ACWS cadence
• Track, monitor, and resolve Training risks, issues, and action items
• Implement consistent look and feel of all training materials
• Cross-functional activities with the Organizational Change Management, Product Support, and Deployment teams building solid relationships
• Assist the team lead to evaluate needs of the ACWS user community and plan training programs accordingly
• Participate in the preparation and delivery of classroom training activities specific to deployment site requirements
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 3-5 years designing and developing course curriculum's and training materials
• 2+ years executing classroom training
• 2+ years creating eLearning/CBT content
• Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
• Strong command of MS Office tools
• Must be a self-starter with strong organization and leadership skills
Desired Knowledge and Skill Sets
• JIRA and Confluence
- Training and Staff Development
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.