CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Help Desk Specialist in Arlington, Virginia
Help Desk Specialist
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Help Desk Specialist
Category: Service Desk / End User Services
City: Arlington, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0621-0263
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized help desk employee to join our growing team. In this position, you will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support to clients with computer systems, hardware, or software issues. You will also respond to queries, run diagnostic programs, isolate problems, and determine and implement solutions.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk
• Respond to customer queries by phone and email
• Create step-by-step training material with screenshots for clients
• Provide technical assistance and support for incoming concerns and issues related to systems, software and hardware
• Document internal procedures
• Maintain daily performance of computer systems
• Ask educated questions and listen to customers to determine root cause of issues
• Work through the problem-solving process with customers, empowering them to do the same in the future
• Run diagnostic problems to resolve problems
• Clean up computers
• Train incoming staff
• Report significant and recurring issues to the tier-2 support team
• Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LA), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems
• Collect feedback to determine patterns and issues such that they can be resolved or FAQs can be provided to customer to ease in troubleshooting
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• An interim Secret clearance is required to begin working onsite with our client, and a Secret clearance must be maintained throughout the project duration. Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or STEM related discipline, or equivalent
• Strong technical and troubleshooting techniques.
- Help Desk/IT Services
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.