CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. ETL Developer in Arlington, Virginia
Find similar career opportunities
City: Arlington, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0119-0230
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI Federal’s Emerging Technologies Practice (ETP) seeks a highly-motivated ETL Developer to join their team. The ETL Developer is an accomplished technical expert, proactive customer-focused advocate, a team player with substantial software engineering experience, preferably with some experience within the federal financials industry. The ETL developer must have hands-on experience with enterprise level software development, integration and implementation with web based applications.
The candidate will have an advanced understanding of ETL tools (Pentaho, Informatica, Talend, etc.), with Java, JEE platform, data ingestion, data discovery & analysis, data cleansing, data transformation, data modelling, and data visualization.
This candidate must demonstrate a willingness to learn new cutting edge technologies and overcome technical challenges in a fast paced environment. The ETL Developer will provide architecture, design, and implementation expertise to a cross-functional software development team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Architect, design, develop, implement, and maintain code to support data processing, and flows through a data warehouse
o data ingestion of raw data or capture of streaming data
o evaluate data quality, transform raw data, and cleanse data
o transform into data model for external consumption by reporting & self-service BI
• Architect, design (including data model), develop, implement, and maintain code for ETL Transformation
• Analyze and develop designs for enterprise systems to meet business requirements
• Expertise in one or more of these areas: data security, data storage, data ingestion, data streaming, data processing, data analysis & exploration, data quality, data visualization (using reporting & business intelligence), business process management/business rules processing, data exchange, or data modeling.
• Collaborate with business analysts, data analysts, architects to analyze business requirements, develop data model & data capture strategy, and develop technical design specifications
• Lead or perform proof-of-concept initiatives in new technologies
• Be a contributing member of a cross-functional sprint team comprised of analysts, UX, DevOps, developer, testers, release management, and the product owner
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Overall 5+ years IT experience with minimum of 3+ years into developing data warehousing applications, including ETL architectures and tools (Pentaho, Talend, Informatica, etc), leveraging multiple sources (SQL databases, unstructured data, NoSQL databases)
• Deep understanding of SQL, database designs and implementation strategies, leveraging Oracle as a data warehouse.
• Experience in information management, data warehousing and analytics technologies is required.
• Ability to communicate and translate business needs into solutions; to communicate orally and in writing; to communicate effectively with developers, DBAs, information security, business analysts, project managers and different business areas; to provide training on new testing techniques and solving problems; and to establish and maintain an efficient delivery environment.
• US Citizen
• Capable of obtaining a US Government clearance
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.