CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Deployment Manager in Arlington, Virginia
Find similar career opportunities
City: Arlington, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1118-1523
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Be part of a growing team implementing mission-critical solutions for Government customers! If you are ambitious, dedicated and motivated by the chance to implement an ERP software solution that greatly enhances Government customer contracting business practices, then CGI has the perfect opportunity for you as a Deployment Manager.
The Deployment Manager will provide technical coordination and management of release, deployment and environment build related activities required to facilitate multiple releases between production and pre-production environments in an agile and Development Operations approach.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Single point of contact responsible to manage and maintain the deployment schedule starting with pilot sites leading up to full deployment
• Create and maintain a go-live plan; this includes comprehensive checklist(s) and detailed tasks incorporated into an Integrated Master Schedule
• Oversight of environment provisioning activities through an iterative and phased delivery model
• Conduct deployment readiness reviews, milestone reviews and go/no-go reviews
• Work closely with the Technical Operations and System Engineer teams to understand impacts of branches and code merges as well as environment set up activities
• Work with the Configuration team to maintain a release repository; manage key artifacts to include build and release procedures and dependencies
• Coordinate deployment activities as it relates to standing up and supporting a Help Desk; Tier I, II and III
• Provide release, environment provisioning, and deployment status reporting to leadership team
• Risk and Issue mitigation and escalation
• Recommend and implement best practices
• Support Training and Production Support teams as needed
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Familiarity with enterprise-scale software architectures, application development methodologies, and deployment/operational considerations
• Project management skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to work with cross functional teams; CGI internal and Client counterparts
• JIRA and Confluence
• Bachelor’s degree, preference in computer science
• 8-10 years of experience with build configuration, deployment/release management with at least 5 years as a deployment manager
• Able to execute a deployment plan for of a large scale implementation project
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.