CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Contract Specialist in Arlington, Virginia
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Arlington, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0119-0843
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Selected candidate(s) will join the Army Contract Writing System team, configuring, testing, supporting and deploying an Army-wide acquisition management solution based on CGI’s Momentum solution.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provide subject matter expertise on DoD/Army contracting processes and procedures.
• Work in the system to configure and test the solution.
• Provide input into training and online tutorial content.
• Engage directly with the customer, facilitate discussions, and research regulations for impact to ACWS.
• Analyze DoD/Army processes and their impact on the solution. Liaise with various teams to ensure compliance and knowledge sharing
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Applicants should have extensive experience with Army or DoD contracting and a firm grasp on IT/systems that support contracting activities.
• Extensive knowledge of the federal acquisition processes, regulations, directives, and instructions.
• Detailed knowledge of FAR, DFAR, and DoD 5000 series regulations.
• Ability to identify and define requirements of specific technical, training, and support areas for different acquisition programs and projects.
• Hands-on familiarity with contracting solutions, including SPS or other commercially-provided contract writing systems.
• Ability to independently facilitate sessions with the customer about policies/procedures and their impact on the system
• Understanding of the strategic imperatives and directions of the federal acquisitions community.
• Ability to translate DoD/Army domain areas into system solutions and processes
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in DoD contracting.
Desired Knowledge and Skill Sets
• Army contracting preferred.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.