CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Business Intelligence Data Analyst in Arlington, Virginia
Business Intelligence Data Analyst
Find similar career opportunities
Business Intelligence Data Analyst
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Arlington, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0119-0586
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity supporting the federal government. We are looking for people with analytical capabilities, an innovative mindset to solve problems, and a desire to work side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies. As a solution builder, you will be working to support the client’s mission and primary goal of building an enterprise analytics platform.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The BI Data Analyst will identify and collect required data, interpret and analyze data, develop and evaluate alternatives, and prepare appropriate documentation to support knowledge management.
In addition, the Data Analyst will:
• Effectively collaborate with team members to identify and implement data process efficiencies and innovative approaches to completing requirements
• Perform data mapping, data ingestion and ETL process development
• Understand, transform, and visualize large data sets from many sources using a variety of tools
• Model, document and communicate findings to make data analysis actionable and understandable by business partners
• Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports, dashboards, and tools for business users
• Evaluate data quality and consistency through industry leading tools
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• US citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
• Bachelor’s degree in Analytics / Business Intelligence, Mathematics, Computer Science, Finance, MIS, CIS or another technical discipline.
• Experience (academic or professional) creating complex SQL queries and functions, data structures and strong analytical problem solving skills.
• Experience with relational and dimensional databases, unstructured data, data warehousing, and/or data lakes
• Experience working with messy data, building ETL data pipelines and automation activities.
• Experience building BI/visualization application, reports and/or dashboards with any of the industry leading tools (ex: Tableau, Clik, etc.).
Preferred / Desired Qualifications:
• Active Secret Clearance
• Federal government compliance or financial industry expertise
• SAP HANA Analytic modeling and SQL scripting experience.
• Experience with Microservices architecture and/or container technologies (e.g. Cloud Foundry, Docker)
• Experience with SAS, R, and Python
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.