CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Business Analyst in Arlington, Virginia
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Arlington, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0819-0659
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI Federal is seeking a motivated Business Transformation Analyst to join our team supporting the federal government. We are looking for candidates with analytical capabilities, an innovative mindset to solve problems, and a desire to work collaboratively in an agile environment to deeply understand both the business needs of our client and the software supporting their mission.
The Analyst will identify, collect, interpret, and analyze data produced by our proprietary COTS product, Momentum Financials, with the goal of improving business process practices leveraged by our federal government client. As a solution builder, you will be working to support our client’s mission and primary goal of improving and delivering timely and accurate financial data across their agency.
The role requires strong analytical and communication skills, and a fundamental understanding in functional analysis, requirements gathering and definition, developing and executing system test plans, and a solid understanding of the software development life-cycle (SDLC). A level of independence and self-motivation is required, with the expectation that you will drive and own tasks.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work directly with the client on often complex software and data analysis tasks related to the agency’s Financial ERP system.
• Evaluate data using SQL and data analysis techniques.
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns to make the data actionable and understandable by business partners.
• Facilitate and contribute to multiple phases within the SDLC. Analyze and document business process requirements through client interaction, create test plans, execute test plans, and deliver results documentation internally and externally.
• Research and devise solutions to new business processes, including drafting client ready white papers and/or solution memos.
• Work collaboratively with developers and technical staff to advance approved solutions.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Our Federal customer requires that all applicants possess US citizenship and be eligible for a SECRET security clearance. An interim Secret clearance is required to begin working onsite with our client, and a Secret clearance must be maintained throughout the project duration.
• Bachelor’s Degree and ideally 1 – 2 years of relevant experience.
• Ability to conduct thorough analysis of business processes, software, data, and technical issues
• Experience writing SQL, PowerShell, or Python scripts to perform data analysis
• Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, for analysis and presentation tasks
• Experience creating test cases, test plans, and results documentation
• Generally Accepted Accounting Principles / Accounting education background
• Prior federal financial industry, professional services, or federal consulting experience
• Experience with any federal financial COTS products such as Momentum, SAP or Oracle in a technical or functional role.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.