Cloud Database Architect
Cloud Database Architect
Category: Database Administration
Main location: United States, Virginia, ALL
Position ID: J0323-2139
Employment Type: Full Time
The Cloud Database Architect is responsible for delivering data in the cloud for our government clients, including developing, migrating, and delivering solutions to meet demand in areas such as cloud databases (i.e., AWS RDS), AI/ML, advanced analytics, open source technology, enterprise collaboration, microservices, serverless, etc. The Cloud Database Architect may also be responsible for migrating databases from on-prem to cloud and designing analytical solutions to enable client decision-making.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Responsibilities include evangelizing data on cloud solutions with customers, leading Business and IT stakeholders through designing a robust, secure and optimized Databases
• Design and implement Database on AWS and ability to be hands-on delivering the target solution.
- Valid certification Data Analytics – Specialty or willing to obtain prior to award
• Experience in migrating the on-prem database (oracle) to PostgreSQL in cloud
• Experience in Designing AWS Redshift for data warehouse solution
• Experience in using AWS Data tools such as Glue, lake formation, RDS etc.
• This role will work with customers and leading internal data engineers in delivering data solutions on cloud. Using Amazon AWS public cloud technologies,
• Implement state of the art, scalable, high performance Data On Cloud solutions that meet the need of today's corporate and emerging digital application
• Achieves organizational goals by defining, integrating, and upgrading a comprehensive architecture to support applications, platforms, and databases
• Maintains database by determining structural requirements, and developing and installing solutions.
• Ensures adherence to government regulations and guidelines for technological systems and safeguarding of data
• Trouble shoots and finds solutions for systems issues that affect data storage as they arise.
• Determines data platform architecture, technology, and tools.
• Confirms architecture capability and flexibility to support high availability web applications by developing analytical models and completing validation tests.
• Communicates technology needs and strategy to fellow members of executive team.
Proven ability to work independently, and as a team member
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• MUST have a valid AWS Certified Data Analytics – Specialty
- 3-5 years experience PostgreSQL
The contractor shall identify a Business Intelligence Analyst by name who focuses on designing, implementing, and managing ASSIST’s data architecture ensuring the availability, integrity, sharing, and security of data assets.
It is required that the Business Intelligence Analyst has the following qualifications:
a. Active Data Architect certification (AWS Certified Data Analytics – Specialty preferable).
b. A minimum of ten years of experience in data strategy, planning and implementation of data architecture, data modeling and design, data integration, data security, data sharing, data visualization, data quality and governance of diverse data types.
c. Experience using AI/ML for data-driven decision making.
It is desired that the Data Architect has the following qualifications:
a. Experience with Cloud native data services including, but not limited to, AWS Redshift, AWS S3, AWS EMR, Tableau, Alation, and Pentaho.
b. Experience implementing solutions using Star/Snowflake schemas Data Warehousing, Data Lake, and Data Mesh technologies.
c. Experience translating business requirements into technical specifications, including data access patterns, data streams, integrations, transformations, databases, and data warehouses.
d. Experience in developing proof of concepts and work with limited direction.
e. Understanding of predictive modeling and machine learning to measure and improve end user experience.
• Proven ability to build, manage, and foster a team-oriented environment
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Excellent leadership and management skills
• Strong DevOps skills
• Ability to solve problems related to complex business processes
• Proven ability to develop and maintain system documentation
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Due to the nature of the government contracts this position requires US Citizenship or Green Card Holder.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $148,700-185,100.
Amazon Relational Database Svc
Big Data & Analytics Operation
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.